• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Prime seemingly off the table...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the guy was a fine choice.  Re-engergize the program, win a few games, build his resume...but anybody that thinks any of these also-rans are more qualified to lead for the next 3-5 years (probably less) are better than the guy sitting in box seats at the Lightning games...****, I don't know what to tell you.

I know nothing of this AD but these goofball games with the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, picture, donation tank and the board game is absolutely stupid if he picks another dud.  All signs point to that right now and that should concern everyone on this board that cares.  I seem to only care when a coaching change is made.  I read the tea leaves, know it is going to be a failure and walk away until I'm proven wrong.  Hasn't happened much outside of Taggartpalooza.  I actually thought he had some moxie and came up through some decent coaching lineage.  Alas, he's proven himself out in later years to be a dud.

Prime or Leavitt would buoy this program.  Anybody else - I see no pedigree out there that rights this ship.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477

In Jim We Trust

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

50 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

In Jim We Trust

Many said spash hire meant DS. If not him, JL.  
They said no one outside of those two could ignite fans, program, Tampa, Florida, etc  

Now, MK has the last straw to grasp.  Can he do it?  It has to be done MK. No other option compares.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Many said spash hire meant DS. If not him, JL.  
They said no one outside of those two could ignite fans, program, Tampa, Florida, etc  

Now, MK has the last straw to grasp.  Can he do it?  It has to be done MK. No other option compares.  

After getting played by DS, I can see MK turtle shelling and going the safe route. I seriously doubt that he has the fortitude to make the difficult, but correct decision. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Here’s the only concern/issue I have, even though I now desperately want it to be Leavitt. 

Since he’s unemployed he could’ve been announced a week or more ago. Same goes for Mullen and many other fallback options. 

Hiring an obvious fallback is a bad look isn’t it? Not sure how you sell Jim being our top option all along when you waited this long to announce it. I guess Jim could say he needed more time with his family before they made it official?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

It’s not Leavitt. It has t be someone coaching this weekend 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

49 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Here’s the only concern/issue I have, even though I now desperately want it to be Leavitt. 

Since he’s unemployed he could’ve been announced a week or more ago. Same goes for Mullen and many other fallback options. 

Hiring an obvious fallback is a bad look isn’t it? Not sure how you sell Jim being our top option all along when you waited this long to announce it. I guess Jim could say he needed more time with his family before they made it official?

Just put something absurd in the contract and say that was the sticking point, although I’m mostly certain there will be a ´million questions that would come from that hire before they ever got to what took so long as the 12 year length is far more interesting than the 1 month one.

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It’s not Leavitt. It had to be someone coaching this weekend 

This is more accurate 

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

It’s not Leavitt. It has t be someone coaching this weekend 

I’m sure it was Lincoln Riley…

I don’t think there is a plan C…