• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With all signs now pointing that Sanders will become the USF coach

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If we get Deion, he wins, sells tickets and attracts donors to the program - it's a fantastic investment. Well worth that risk at this point if you can hire him.

I think most agree...and while I am not a fan, I agree it will be a mostly positive impact.  I just don't buy the BS that in a $30million deal, money is not important.  I'm tired of hearing that.  If Deion says that, it's a warning sign.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think most agree...and while I am not a fan, I agree it will be a mostly positive impact.  I just don't buy the BS that in a $30million deal, money is not important.  I'm tired of hearing that.  If Deion says that, it's a warning sign.

Agree. And IF money for his assistants is a concern for Deion, why wouldn't he take a $25million deal and have $5million for his assistance?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

I think people are looking at this all wrong. Deion will never come to usf…is the exact reason why he should and very very real possibility is coming. Deion knows he is being offered mid level low level opportunities because he is not a proven concept yet. He has to prove he can recruit on national stage at the next level up. He has to prove he can do what he just did. He seems up to the challenge. This is the only way he ends up at fsu or another big school down the road. It will not be just handed to him. In my opinion cincinatti and colorado don’t make the same impact for him or provide him the pathway to prove his concept the way we can. We are his stepping stone. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

12 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

This is the only way he ends up at fsu or another big school down the road.

12 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

We are his stepping stone. 

Yes I don't think Colorado or Cincy qualify.  It's easier to improve more and do more here and the recruiting field lines up.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Orlando Bull was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

11 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I think people are looking at this all wrong. Deion will never come to usf…is the exact reason why he should and very very real possibility is coming. Deion knows he is being offered mid level low level opportunities because he is not a proven concept yet. He has to prove he can recruit on national stage at the next level up. He has to prove he can do what he just did. He seems up to the challenge. This is the only way he ends up at fsu or another big school down the road. It will not be just handed to him. In my opinion cincinatti and colorado don’t make the same impact for him or provide him the pathway to prove his concept the way we can. We are his stepping stone. 

I don't think he has to prove he can recruit, I think that is a given... he needs to prove that he can COACH. CWT could recruit and in the AAC, if you out-talent everyone, you can win a lot of games. At JSU, Prime has been able to recruit and has more talent than anyone on their schedule. What happens if/when he goes to FSU for example and he's pulling in top 15 recruiting classes, but he's playing Clemson, UF, UM, etc every year? Can he coach? Can he take that talent and beat equal talent with it? That is the thing he needs to prove. Unfortunately, most schools don't let you jump there without some steps and we can be that step... then, we need to pull for Norvell to win so that FSU doesn't open up for him.

This is the CWT vs Leavitt debate which you think CWT was better. Leavitt could coach lesser talent up to play even when they were over-matched. CWT had more talent and when he got out of their way, they won any time they had more talent. If they were equally matched with someone or over-matched, he couldn't bridge the gap. Both kinds of coaches can win and do well, the recruiter type just needs stud assistants more than the true coach type.

• Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't think he has to prove he can recruit, I think that is a given... he needs to prove that he can COACH. CWT could recruit and in the AAC, if you out-talent everyone, you can win a lot of games. At JSU, Prime has been able to recruit and has more talent than anyone on their schedule. What happens if/when he goes to FSU for example and he's pulling in top 15 recruiting classes, but he's playing Clemson, UF, UM, etc every year? Can he coach? Can he take that talent and beat equal talent with it? That is the thing he needs to prove. Unfortunately, most schools don't let you jump there without some steps and we can be that step... then, we need to pull for Norvell to win so that FSU doesn't open up for him.

This is the CWT vs Leavitt debate which you think CWT was better. Leavitt could coach lesser talent up to play even when they were over-matched. CWT had more talent and when he got out of their way, they won any time they had more talent. If they were equally matched with someone or over-matched, he couldn't bridge the gap. Both kinds of coaches can win and do well, the recruiter type just needs stud assistants more than the true coach type.

I agree with you. Im not saying he has to prove he can just recruit but he does need to show that the top kids in florida are not just going to go to uf, fsu, miami and ucf. He  still has to prove that and that he can coach. 

about the coaching debate…

I’m not saying overall taggart was better than leavitt. The sustained success and proven winning I can never knock. He was outcoached in most conference games. Lacked quality offensive coaches. At the end he had taken us as far as he could. We would be a 6-8 win team forever and that’s great…that doesn’t change taggart came to a broken team and turned it around with great talent. He was a leader, a great recruiter. Was he best coach ever ..no but with the talent he could have kept bringing in we could have stayed 10-11 win team and won conference championship. He was a great fit for usf. Look at where he landed after oregon and fsu. That is the type of respsct he got for what he did. Was it too much for him..yes but him leaving set us back a long way. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

My read is this: Chadwell and Sanders were the last two. Sanders said no on Monday, Chadwell became the guy. Liberty made Chadwell an offer he couldn't refuse. Now, MK and company are scrambling as the coaches they previously passed on get jobs with our competitors. I remain hopeful that this is not the scenario, but then I remember that we are USF and we can't have nice things. There is still a possibility that Jason Candle is the man and that is why we have to wait until Saturday/Sunday for the announcement. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Deion Sanders calls out fake tweet rumoring him to be Auburn HC

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

What reports are there that resulted in this topic title?

I have not seen any news such as this!

There are none. There are only a couple of people who know how this is really playing out - and they ain't talking.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

My read is this: Chadwell and Sanders were the last two. Sanders said no on Monday, Chadwell became the guy. Liberty made Chadwell an offer he couldn't refuse. Now, MK and company are scrambling as the coaches they previously passed on get jobs with our competitors. I remain hopeful that this is not the scenario, but then I remember that we are USF and we can't have nice things. There is still a possibility that Jason Candle is the man and that is why we have to wait until Saturday/Sunday for the announcement. 

If we were scrambling, there would have been a hire already.   Plenty of candidates not named Sanders or Chadwell.  Some very good ones