• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With all signs now pointing that Sanders will become the USF coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes I don't think Colorado or Cincy qualify.  It's easier to improve more and do more here and the recruiting field lines up.

This is true.  I don't necessarily think Sanders can coach but the level of player that end up on the field would likely vastly outshine a AAC slate that just said good-bye to its best teams.  He could pocket a pretty good paycheck and USF would provide a much easier runway to rack up wins and notoriety.  

Living in Colorado I just don't see Sanders here.  Florida, very much so.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

40 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't think he has to prove he can recruit, I think that is a given... he needs to prove that he can COACH. CWT could recruit and in the AAC, if you out-talent everyone, you can win a lot of games. At JSU, Prime has been able to recruit and has more talent than anyone on their schedule. What happens if/when he goes to FSU for example and he's pulling in top 15 recruiting classes, but he's playing Clemson, UF, UM, etc every year? Can he coach? Can he take that talent and beat equal talent with it? That is the thing he needs to prove. Unfortunately, most schools don't let you jump there without some steps and we can be that step... then, we need to pull for Norvell to win so that FSU doesn't open up for him.

This is the CWT vs Leavitt debate which you think CWT was better. Leavitt could coach lesser talent up to play even when they were over-matched. CWT had more talent and when he got out of their way, they won any time they had more talent. If they were equally matched with someone or over-matched, he couldn't bridge the gap. Both kinds of coaches can win and do well, the recruiter type just needs stud assistants more than the true coach type.

Yep, sounds like Taggart all over again...except Taggart had Plies.

32 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

We would be a 6-8 win team forever and that’s great

Except facts disagree with you. Prior to his firing - in the BIG EAST - we had 8 & 9 wins/season final four years, not one season, four.

34 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Now, MK and company are scrambling as the coaches they previously passed on get jobs with our competitors. I remain hopeful that this is not the scenario

Heard this elsewhere, hit the panic button to the right MK!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Except facts disagree with you. Prior to his firing - in the BIG EAST - we had 8 & 9 wins/season final four years, not one season, four.

And in his last year, we lost our QB in week 2. What a chain reaction it was when Grothe's knee blew up. I think that season would have been special, Leavitt wouldn't have been fired, and God only knows where USF football would be... (Hint, it definitely wouldn't be the cellar).

Well we did have that 5-6 season....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

45 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

My read is this: Chadwell and Sanders were the last two. Sanders said no on Monday, Chadwell became the guy. Liberty made Chadwell an offer he couldn't refuse. Now, MK and company are scrambling as the coaches they previously passed on get jobs with our competitors. I remain hopeful that this is not the scenario, but then I remember that we are USF and we can't have nice things. There is still a possibility that Jason Candle is the man and that is why we have to wait until Saturday/Sunday for the announcement. 

I'm okay with not overpaying for Chadwell, but hopefully passing on Tom Herman wasn't the kill shot then.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

kelly is demonstrating what not to do when you are fire a head coach and try to hire his replacement

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, smazza said:

kelly is demonstrating what not to do when you are fire a head coach and try to hire his replacement

lets wait till Sunday before claiming that. If we end up with Deion we'll all be bowing to Kelly. If we end up with Simmons, pass me a pitchfork

3 hours ago, smazza said:

what signs?

Pink Loop GIF by renderfruit