• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No just that ego is often timed a good thing in d1 coaches, not a disqualification. I think for us Deon was seem as a transitionary figure anyway, what he would have brought in spades is attention and excitement that have been systematically cratered by ccs, CJS and where as Grolesh (sp?) is among the who’s that of coaching world. He also more than likely would have brought strong recruiting to usf which has also been cratered by ccs and CJS. Deion would have had to teach some new recruits about who usf is, coach Grolesh has the harder step of teaching them who he is and who usf is which isn’t going to get as many calls answered as Deion’s name would. Could 5 years from now Grolesh be the better coach? Sure but that’s 2 years from when Deion wouldn’t be coaching here and most importantly 10 years since we’ve gone from mediocre to embarrassingly awful, we could use some perceived wins today and Grolesh is at best 2 years removed from his first perceived win or doing the first thing any casual fan will even notice.

Cool, but neon chose to go to a P5 instead of us so we move on

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, olafberserker said:

Cool, but neon chose to go to a P5 instead of us so we move on

For sure, but the ego isn’t a bug it’s a feature 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477
  • Days Won:  0

Not gonna lie and say I didn't get caught up in the excitement of Prime, but I'm watching his first team meeting at CU and...

The players room has the energy of a funeral. almost zero excitement for their bloviating new HC. Big egos like Deions might be good for recruiting, but I dont think a single CU player trusts their new guy. They know he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Not a hot start. Bad fit for CU I think.

The longer my PTSD of this hiring process wears off, the more I'm loving the Golesh hire. I hope CAG has great success here and sticks around.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

He cares about other things

image.gif.1d19850c06c3ace990eb1325ba3072e3.gif

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Let’s lock this thread. 
Good luck to Deion and good luck to Colorado. 
Now let’s go Bulls. 🤘🐂

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

It's a bug when it involves nepotism.  "My genes are so good my son is obviously the starter and I will proclaim it now"

How many 5 star QBs will want to ride the bench while Deions son is there?  His ego has already limited Colorado's QB ceiling to whatever his son is. 

The problem with ego is that when it's wrong it can't be reasoned with.  Too much leads you to ignoring reality.  And the reality is, he should be trying to recruit better players than what he has, for every position.  And he should be trying to earn the respect of his players so that they trust his judgement when a depth chart is released.

On day one he introduced a legit question that could fracture the locker room down the line:  'is he just playing favorites?' That's not a problem if he wins...but if he loses and the players don't trust his judgement then look out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

Not gonna lie and say I didn't get caught up in the excitement of Prime, but I'm watching his first team meeting at CU and...

The players room has the energy of a funeral. almost zero excitement for their bloviating new HC. Big egos like Deions might be good for recruiting, but I dont think a single CU player trusts their new guy. They know he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Not a hot start. Bad fit for CU I think.

The longer my PTSD of this hiring process wears off, the more I'm loving the Golesh hire. I hope CAG has great success here and sticks around.

I didn't see our guys jumping up and down at our guy's intro to the team either. Actually rethinking going down to campus tomorrow. Not one of those motivating speaker types. Doesn't mean he won't be the best coach we've ever had but not sure I want to listen to him talk.