• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Beat me to it. Just came to post that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Just wanted to add that calling Brian Battie is liar is unsubstantiated. At the time he made the quote, it was likely his belief and then something changed. I would only call him a liar if at the time he made the quote he had a secret plan to transfer and was simply misleading USF. 

In the end, I encourage every person to do what is best for them. It is our collective responsibility to make USF the best option for these kids. Of course the waters are muddied when so many people are in these kids ears with motives that may not align with the student's best interest. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Just wanted to add that calling Brian Battie is liar is unsubstantiated. At the time he made the quote, it was likely his belief and then something changed. I would only call him a liar if at the time he made the quote he had a secret plan to transfer and was simply misleading USF. 

In the end, I encourage every person to do what is best for them. It is our collective responsibility to make USF the best option for these kids. Of course the waters are muddied when so many people are in these kids ears with motives that may not align with the student's best interest. 

So basically someone's word is irrelevant.  Got it.

Wonder what would happen if I told my boss I was going to do something and then didn't do it.

Words matter.  Don't make a quote if there is any possibility you might not back it up.  It's really that simple.  Just say nothing, that way you can do whatever you want.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

28 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Well said, Mike! I support USF and thankful for all the players, coaches, staff that put so much into USF. May God bless them all..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

So basically someone's word is irrelevant.  Got it.

Wonder what would happen if I told my boss I was going to do something and then didn't do it.

Words matter.  Don't make a quote if there is any possibility you might not back it up.  It's really that simple.  Just say nothing, that way you can do whatever you want.

It's nice to see the straw man argument rearing it's ugly head.    

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Beat me to it. Just came to post that.

three toed sloth GIF by Trolli

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

We're talking about 18-22 year old kids...how many piss poor decisions did you make at that age? We are harping on a kid for saying he is staying, then changing his mind. He might have been offered a million dollars or literally any number of things that would change any person's mind. Hate on the coaches (definitely the band coaches) but not the kids...never the kids. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Never begrudge anyone making a choice on what is best for them.  And I've learned in divorce court that even swearing to God on a commitment doesn't keep someone from changing their mind. Ya just gotta move on.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Very very interesting.....

AA10QZhI.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l

It’s clear to anyone who watches college football that the transfer portal has become an absolutely massive part of the game in recent years as more...

" . . . or mental health condition"

Sure that will be easy to claim . . . 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, E.T. said:

" . . . or mental health condition"

Sure that will be easy to claim . . . 

Losing  out on money is bad for my mental health, instantly approved