• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF is cursed, what is the cause of that curse and what needs to be done to break it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

4 Words - Jason Giambi’s Golden Thong

I nominate either Puc or Outlaw to wear it:roflmao:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Brad said:

If they were to only want to use him as a fundraiser I would certainly hope he shows them the middle finger. 

I know people say that these things would never happen. But each day that passes or has passed over the last decade it becomes less and less likely there will be anything there.

He thought he’d actually hear from someone three years ago and of course did not.  No effort to make peace or truly be united start to finish to make the program, his baby, better. 

I said the same almost 8 years ago and I think i was called an old man and laughed off this board.  Now I’m truly moving into old man-dom and this program is in shambles.

My daughter attends UCF and they are 4-1 with an on campus stadium and a punched ticket to the Big 12 (to be fair she got a huge scholarship…my other goes to Cal Poly full fare). 

USF is 3 for the 2020s and just grasping at straws to catch a program they had in the crosshairs for a decade.  But yeah, shun Leavitt some more.  It’s worked so far.  Morons(mean the administration by this comment).

Edited by USFreak
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

So good to see you again!  

9 hours ago, USFreak said:

I said the same almost 8 years ago and I think i was called an old man and laughed off this board.  Now I’m truly moving into old man-dom and this program is in shambles.

Well it is getting worse. if you go to Twitter for example you see most of the people that are telling their life stories they have only been around USF football for the last 5 to 10 years. They don’t even know who Jim Leavitt is. They think Willie Taggart is a God. It’s really a mess.   

Others (from old man-dom) are in the shadows, many of them here, hoping to see something change for the better. 

Even though many that are new to USF football will say we’re just nostalgic-crazed, but we experienced success and a bright future.  They only know a bad program.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, bowman1 said:

4 Words - Jason Giambi’s Golden Thong

I nominate either Puc or Outlaw to wear it:roflmao:

If it would make Coach Scott go on this alleged 5 game winning streak I heard about I am in.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just cursed with bad leaders in the athletic dept...when Leroy Selmon died so did USF athletics it appears. 

Put the right people in place that make good coaching hires and maybe this mess can be fixed. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, bulloni said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports-related_curses

It's not uncommon for down-trodden fanbases to blame a curse on their lack of success. In the 5 years leading up to 2011/2012 USF was on fire. The football team was consistently ranked and beating big programs. The basketball team while not great still won 20 games twice in a loaded big east, won 2 NCAA tourney games, and had a 1st round pick.

Since then USF has been irrelevant in the sports that matter. Outside of the Quinton Flowers years we have been downright embarrassing. Even in those years, how do you have a transcendent QB surrounded by NFL talent for 3 years in a G5 conference and your best win might be the Birmingham bowl against a .500 P5 team?

Three ideas and how we'd solve each:

• Falling out with Jim Leavitt - lot of people point to this as the beginning of the end, the program lost its fiery leader and their identity along with it. To solve this we need to mend that relationship. Name the field at the OCS after him, put him in a ring of honor, etc. Something to pay tribute to the man who gave us these expectations in the first place.
  • Judy Genshaft blocking UCF to the Big East - UCF fans love to bring this up. Would think if this cursed us UCF being in a P5 conference next season and us not being in one would free us from this curse.
  • The Daily Stampede blog starting - wasn't this around 10-12 years ago at that same time? The blog has some takes that are polarizing to the fanbase. Doubt this is it, but maybe they should not post anything for an entire week before a non-Temple FBS opponent just to check...

(Puts on tin foil hat) I think its a combo of those things...I also have a theory that a UCF fan visited a witch doctor in 2013...some of the inexplicable things that would happen consistently in their favor game after game for years is mind boggling...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Even though many that are new to USF football will say we’re just nostalgic-crazed, but we experienced success and a bright future.  They only know a bad program.  

This is an interesting phenomenon. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, Brad said:

Pretty sure he has an account here, unless there is a USF Wizard imposter among us.  Maybe that explains our loss in membership.

USF fans are in an uproar over the fact that someone made an anti wizard account at 1am. 

^^^
Breaking news?