• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF is cursed, what is the cause of that curse and what needs to be done to break it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

it is possible to be a university with a respectable sports program.

I do think there is some precedent to support your hypothesis.  Maybe we simply haven't properly cultivated right brain/left brain coordination.  Might be fun to try.

happy nick saban GIF by ESPN

einstein GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I just read that Joel Miller, the player in the middle of the Leavitt termination, died in 2017

I wasn't ready to hear that. He died at the age of 29 years old... 29!

That really, really broke my heart. I had no idea until just now 😞

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

8 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I just read that Joel Miller, the player in the middle of the Leavitt termination, died in 2017

I wasn't ready to hear that. He died at the age of 29 years old... 29!

That really, really broke my heart. I had no idea until just now 😞

You would think that would break the curse. Just dark humor. Not serious.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

Don't wish that upon anyone. But this world has a way of giving back what you put out. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

hiring him as AD is the solution.

GTFO... 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280

And please don't think that my comments about Judy, reflect her negatively in any way,in regards to her leadership academically at USF or her as a person. Judy Genshaft was nothing short of one of the most amazing campus presidents we ever had. She is a very powerful, very charismatic and extremely intelligent person.

I absolutely loved her as a campus president, and a community leader. 

This is a picture of her, taking the time to shake hands with my daughters at the USF games many years ago. She was so sweet to them, she looked at them as said "Guess what? When you Daddy went to my school... I was his principal!" LOL

But... it was no secret that she didn't feel athletics was important to USF, including the football team. 

Judy Genshaft was an amazing campus president... but just not for athletics LOL

1002498_655518221229207_1610754242684531401_n.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/8/2022 at 3:59 PM, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

firing Leavitt is the curse.

hiring him as AD is the solution.

Leavitt is no administrator.  He's a football coach.  

I would hope that now that all of the old guard has cycled through he would be received back with open arms.  Other coaches have dealt with worse than these trumped up allegations (looking at you O'Leary and Petrino).   He's 65 and he's still a manimal in terms of energy (Pepsi).  He'd infuse an immediate recruiting benefit and I think the donor-base has seen enough in the past decade that it is worth a shot.  IPF, stadium and general excitement has been more than lacking.  I was on board for the moonshot but once they fired Leavitt I knew the soul of this thing was gone.  He was a Bobby Bowden/Dabo Swinney type for USF and he was sent packing.  A series of ultra-poor decisions have compounded the impact of that.

The blueprint, it would seem, is to (try and) hire Leavitt and get this thing back on track.  Groom an assistant to take over in 5-7 years and try and build the facilities to the point where this thing takes on more of a life of its own.  Right now it is on life support.  4 wins in 3 years?  Program is in shambles and Scott will be gone by the end of the year.  Who even wants this job after that?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, USFreak said:

Leavitt is no administrator.  He's a football coach.  

I would hope that now that all of the old guard has cycled through he would be received back with open arms.  Other coaches have dealt with worse than these trumped up allegations (looking at you O'Leary and Petrino).   He's 65 and he's still a manimal in terms of energy (Pepsi).  He'd infuse an immediate recruiting benefit and I think the donor-base has seen enough in the past decade that it is worth a shot.  IPF, stadium and general excitement has been more than lacking.  I was on board for the moonshot but once they fired Leavitt I knew the soul of this thing was gone.  He was a Bobby Bowden/Dabo Swinney type for USF and he was sent packing.  A series of ultra-poor decisions have compounded the impact of that.

The blueprint, it would seem, is to (try and) hire Leavitt and get this thing back on track.  Groom an assistant to take over in 5-7 years and try and build the facilities to the point where this thing takes on more of a life of its own.  Right now it is on life support.  4 wins in 3 years?  Program is in shambles and Scott will be gone by the end of the year.  Who even wants this job after that?

Hire him as president of football operations or Coach. Allow someone with success at USF advise CJS or the next coach how to win and run a program here. We hired his dad Brad Scott who failed as a head coach which is was an odd choice but he had ACC connections with Mike Kelley and probably was a package deal to come with Jeff Scott.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Hire him as president of football operations or Coach. Allow someone with success at USF advise CJS or the next coach how to win and run a program here. We hired his dad Brad Scott who failed as a head coach which is was an odd choice but he had ACC connections with Mike Kelley and probably was a package deal to come with Jeff Scott.

What a lot of people fail to understand is that USF is simply a building block school for any other coach (to be fair almost anybody but Alabama or Texas is too).  Leavitt was a different bird.  He would have retired here.  I have zero doubt of that.  Maybe he still will if somebody wakes the living f--k up.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1