• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated! The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls at Cincinnati Bearcats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Team just doesn't know how to win games...all the know is losing for most part under Scott.

Maybe they turn the corner and have that Syracuse game next week vs Tulane all we can hope for at this point of the Scott era. 

But we are running out of road this season. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, WoDoS said:

There is always that one brain fart that seems take the life out...

This is the difference between a losing mentality and a winning mentality.  It's like a gravity or momentum.  If we could flip it, it would work in our favor.

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Maybe they turn the corner and have that Syracuse game next week vs Tulane all we can hope for at this point of the Scott era. 

Stay tuned for my Lifetime Movie: Seeking Syracuse

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Great game overall by the Bulls.  We played almost as well as we are capapble of playing.  Idiot play call on the 4th and 1.  We were having success all day running right at them between the tackles with Bohanon and Battie.  You run your 230 pound QB straight up the middle and let him fall forward for a yard.  The coaches outsmarted themselves on that call.  Notice that Cincinnati ran the ball straight forward on their 4th and 1.  And they got it.  Bohanon is going to get one yard 80 percent of the time.  He's big and moves the pile.  What a stupid call.

However, outside of that, we played well against a good team.  Zero turnovers.  Good throws overall by Bohanon and good running by GB and Battie.  Defense still spotty but made their fair share of stops.

We bash the coaches and players when they lose big, but we must give them credit when they do well.  Despite losing, the players and coaches did well vs. Cincinnati.  Let's see if they have the same fire to win next week.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

BTW... Tulane up 21 to 9 on E.C.U.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I've heard "every team has injuries..." but not every team has announcers giving disclaimers due to injury. Which leads me to believe that our injuries may be a little bit more of a factor than some like to admit. With that being said, they had one heck of a game plan that made the best out of our current situation. 

Why do we seem to have so many players hurt all the time? I know all teams have injuries, but for us it’s almost easier to list who isn’t hurt. 

They just said this was the first time we scored first all season.  Hehe...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, 350_BULL said:

Couldn't say it any better. This is just sad. Accepting the at least we had fun approach is a cop out for poor coaching.

Fans and especially players deserve so much more.

The 2nd and 26 defense call was horrible, got burnt by the screen. The 3rd down screen play to Weaver in the early part of the 4th was a good call but Bohannon missed him. The pass interference flag on the last drive isn't picked up if GB keeps the throw on the field. The 4th down play call may have been an rpo and did GB make the wrong read? I think GB has his moments of good but also some real questionable stuff. We still don't have a real QB1 that is solid in all areas. If we did, the UF and this game would have been W's. I think Trickett is fine, I am not happy with Shoop or CJS game management. Never should have called a timeout with 5 mins in the 3rd qtr on our half yard line, take a delay but don't waste a timeout. Also, used a questionable challenge in the 2nd half. 2 wastes 2nd half timeouts, that is why coaches lose games and get fired.

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

We still don't have a real QB1 that is solid in all areas. If we did, the UF and this game would have been W's.

He is the best we have had in a while.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Went to turn off the game on ESPN+, so I took a look at the "Live" games and all the games were "nobody" teams.  Welcome to the world of non-reverence football and obscurity