• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated! The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls at Cincinnati Bearcats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Give the team credit and don't over analyze this one.  The team played very well this week.  They just did.  As much as we bash them, give them some credit for playing well this week.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

This was a close, back and forth game that went down to the last few minutes, despite the injuries on defense.  I'm tired of the blowouts, at least we had a chance in this one.  4th down play sucked, but if we ran it up the middle and got stopped, someone would be complaining that we should had done something different. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

I saw this on Twitter:

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

He is the best we have had in a while.

That is all fine and good but if we want to win those games, he can't throw terrible pick 6s, see UF game and miss Weaver when he is wide open and could change the whole game. I am not saying he isn't a good QB, but the missed throws are why teams lose instead of win. Too many schools, that are smaller than ours have very good QB1, GB is a solid power runner but we will not win unless he makes little or no mistakes since our D doesn't rank very well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

24 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

shiplap2.gif

Yes, they loved it and will not list it!  I'm so happy right now.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, RoyD3 said:

That is all fine and good but if we want to win those games, he can't throw terrible pick 6s, see UF game and miss Weaver when he is wide open and could change the whole game. I am not saying he isn't a good QB, but the missed throws are why teams lose instead of win. Too many schools, that are smaller than ours have very good QB1, GB is a solid power runner but we will not win unless he makes little or no mistakes since our D doesn't rank very well.

Well it's a team game and like you said, the combination is currently not there enough to win.  Or the play calling punches us in the taint late in the game.

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

Yes, they loved it and will not list it!  I'm so happy right now.

PinR.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330

Playing the game "well" is fine... but when do you play better to win.. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Well... Fine... Effort.... Close.... Decent....

None of these are synonyms for win

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

This was a close, back and forth game that went down to the last few minutes, despite the injuries on defense.  I'm tired of the blowouts, at least we had a chance in this one.  4th down play sucked, but if we ran it up the middle and got stopped, someone would be complaining that we should had done something different. 

Correct but I think there's a pretty good chance our 230 pound quarterback back can move the pile one yard.  He's a physical runner.  

19 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

We are not even in the Florida or Cincinnati games without Bohanon.  He played his butt off.  He's running for 100 yards a game and passing decently overall.  

There is no perfect player.  The Cincy QB threw two interceptions.  Yeah he missed Weaver, but I think he may have been under duress.  He is not at fault for this loss. 

Cincinnati has a heck of a team.  May go 11-1.  Sometimes you just tip your cap to them and say they played a little bit better.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1