• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hypothetically if we're looking for a new coach after the season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/16/2022 at 10:56 AM, Friscobull said:

It is, sad that we are going into games knowing that even if we get a bunch of lucky bounces, special teams scores we still have no chance.  This kinda reminds me of watching the spring game or a preseason game in the NFL.  The tailgate is good, it feels like an actual game but once they kick off you quickly see that it is not.   I want to thank all of you heading up to Gainesville and representing, it is really hard to do under these circumstances.  I really hope they make it interesting for awhile, you guys deserve that or at least good weather and a nice tailgate. 

You know, we should have not won that first Notre Dame game but man it was fun. Especially seeing Brian Kelly turn into a tomato. I could go for some sad Gator fans today. No to mention it would mean we would be the only team in Florida to beat all the big 3. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

You know, we should have not won that first Notre Dame game but man it was fun. Especially seeing Brian Kelly turn into a tomato. I could go for some sad Gator fans today. No to mention it would mean we would be the only team in Florida to beat all the big 3.

And even more specifically, I think we'd be the only non-Big 3 team in Florida to beat ANY of the Big 3 in non-exhibition games ....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, Brad said:

Don't set yourself up for disappointment like that.  Don't buy into the BS that USF even has a shot in this game.  If you do, you'll me moaning and whining for three-four days.  Just watch the game and look for improvement.  This team has a long way to go.  Suggesting that a win over the Gators would make everything fine is a fool's game.  Just setting yourself up for more misery.  Even in our BEST years, this would be hard to win.  We're not in our best years.

Exactly right. This kind of reminds me of the 2016 matchup with FSU. FSU was coming off a 63-20 loss to Louisville, and we actually had a good team that year, and FSU just steamrolled us. It was 38-14 at half. Their OL (and Dalvin Cook) just thoroughly dominated our defense. The situation this week looks far more bleak. Just hoping for no injuries, then seeing what Louisville, and conference play looks like.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly right. This kind of reminds me of the 2016 matchup with FSU. FSU was coming off a 63-20 loss to Louisville, and we actually had a good team that year, and FSU just steamrolled us. It was 38-14 at half. Their OL (and Dalvin Cook) just thoroughly dominated our defense. The situation this week looks far more bleak. Just hoping for no injuries, then seeing what Louisville, and conference play looks like.

That game was brutal.  Nooner.  Hot.  We traded scores but then it was obvious that we were never going to be able to stop them on defense.  Retreated to the club for air conditioning.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Well we don't have a good team or coach so let's just say hail Marys and hope for a miracle.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That game was brutal.  Nooner.  Hot.  We traded scores but then it was obvious that we were never going to be able to stop them on defense.  Retreated to the club for air conditioning.

Q to Rodney to start and we all thought we were in for a show, Cook answered their first play from scrimmage and we realized we have never been and we’re not going to be able to contain Cook, dude was and is a stud. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345

College football is pretty simple.

Throw massive amounts of money at the problem or hope to catch lightning in a bottle with a coach.

We used up our coach and we haven't spent the money to compete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

College football is pretty simple.

Throw massive amounts of money at the problem or hope to catch lightning in a bottle with a coach.

We used up our coach and we haven't spent the money to compete.

Spend money on a real coach or extend a 1-18? Which decision will  lead to success ?

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187

when we blow this game, like 4+ scores margin and over by the 1st quarter, i'm coming right back in here and continuing the new coach conversation 

IF in the rare eventuality we are competitive, there could be some hope because that is ~improvement~

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

On 9/13/2022 at 11:06 AM, USFBULL_08 said:

You guys are on something if you think Deion would even consider picking up the phone for USF. He is either FSU or $EC bound.

I saw Deion getting floated for the GT gig which just opened up.  Huh.