• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And here we go…dissolving the NCAA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

also the longshot of congressional regulation of NIL landscape. likely not to get wind in the sails but it's being discussed.

college football has alot ahead of it. forget power 5 now. it's about the big 2 conferences and everyone else is going to hope for a shot at the playoff and getting better media deals.

CFP is a biased scam and it should expand and evolve like the entire landscape is.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

Michael Kelly talked about this at length in the event at the Pepin Center in the Spring. Paraphrasing him, there is about to be a big divide in college football, and his job is to make sure USF ends up on the right side of that divide. (we don't have to be there day 1, but we need to be there)

Ohio State doesn't want to be governed by a body that has to look out for the best interest of Akron. 

We need to end up with Ohio State, and not Akron. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

38 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

CFP is a biased scam and it should expand and evolve like the entire landscape is.

It's the illusion that it is one big party that makes everyone interested though (aka viewers, aka ad revenue).

Edited by Rocky Style

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

How is it restructures that benefits both the larger and smaller schools?

It doesn't.  But I am hoping that it brings so much attention to the unfairness of the situation that the need for change will be too obvious.  We need to blow it all up and start over.  I don't believe that we can trust the networks or the NCAA to be motivated enough to consider what is best for the sport.  Hell, no one even bothered to regulate the NIL and now look what it is turning into.  I'd like to see serious anti-trust investigations done.

• Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I don't believe that we can trust the networks or the NCAA to be motivated enough to consider what is best for the sport. 

No, if you consider you are dealing with the likes of Disney.  That's a hard no.  They are like a strip mining operation.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,866
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

It doesn't.  But I am hoping that it brings so much attention to the unfairness of the situation that the need for change will be too obvious.  We need to blow it all up and start over.  I don't believe that we can trust the networks or the NCAA to be motivated enough to consider what is best for the sport.  Hell, no one even bothered to regulate the NIL and now look what it is turning into.  I'd like to see serious anti-trust investigations done.

I really don’t care about fairness one iota, I just want us to be somewhere in the mix of a respectable conference at all costs.  If not then I will ignore the top conferences and CFB can kiss my ass. Most of us are really only interested in our team, I will watch my kids schools as well with a passing interest but the rest of the schools don’t interest me, especially B10 and the SEC (ex. A&M).   I already see the NIL killing the sport, coupled with Super Conferences it is on a death spiral, only question is not if but when. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

So the CFP would potentially oversee all of college football?  Isn’t that kind of like putting the wolves in charge of the hen house?

"The CFP" is an organization with a Board of Directors... much like "the NCAA" - the difference is the Board of the CFP won't include representation like  Springfield College and Norfolk State University and Ohio Valley Conference and Georgetown University and Minot State University as it does today.

That is the real issue... why should SEC football be governed by Division II and Division III colleges?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,579
  • Days Won:  423

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I already see the NIL killing the sport, coupled with Super Conferences it is on a death spiral, only question is not if but when. 

I think the sport will always be here. It will just be how one handles where their team is within that sport ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,866
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think the sport will always be here. It will just be how one handles where their team is within that sport ....

Yes, was not saying the sport is going away, just that we will continue to see its popularity drop year after year, gauged by ratings and attendance.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

36 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

"The CFP" is an organization with a Board of Directors... much like "the NCAA" - the difference is the Board of the CFP won't include representation like  Springfield College and Norfolk State University and Ohio Valley Conference and Georgetown University and Minot State University as it does today.

That is the real issue... why should SEC football be governed by Division II and Division III colleges?

This really comes down to what is Collegiate Athletics

If these are non-profit educational institutions (which I believe includes everyone except GCU), then the money should not matter, so small and large govern collectively 

If these have morphed into for profit business, then they should be taxed/regulated accordingly and to your point, the SEC would care less about Springfield College’s say

• Upvote 1