• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And here we go…dissolving the NCAA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, michibull said:

I have always had a few teams I watch; USF, Michigan State, Georgia, Maryland, Florida, BYU and Oklahoma State. I generally catch most USF games and whenever time allows, I’ll watch one of the others on replay every now and again. Regardless of how the power conferences change, my watching pattern won’t change with it. I imagine other alumni of mid major level schools do similar and I don’t think that will change if the NCAA goes to a Power 2 or 3; so I don’t know if tv ratings for those games go up if they can still watch their alumni schools. The CFP viewership won’t go up because I would imagine anyone that is a fan of college football will watch regardless of who is playing. I could be wrong, but just my hypothesis. 

Agreed

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

While I am a USF fan first and foremost, I will watch all college football, regardless of teams, division/etc.  I love the passion, the pageantry, bands playing between downs, huge upsets with fans storming the field, etc., whereas for the NFL, I watch pretty much only Bucs games.  Only way I can foresee changing my viewing habits is if college starts going the way of the NFL with regards to the above.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

While I am a USF fan first and foremost, I will watch all college football, regardless of teams, division/etc.  I love the passion, the pageantry, bands playing between downs, huge upsets with fans storming the field, etc., whereas for the NFL, I watch pretty much only Bucs games.  Only way I can foresee changing my viewing habits is if college starts going the way of the NFL with regards to the above.

I love the huge upsets as well, the day we beat Auburn, App state beat Michigan.  These types of upsets will be fewer and far between with the new model and the NIL. The playoffs viewership is dropping due to the same teams and this will further exacerbate the problem.  The point is that college is going the way of the NFL and we already have the NFL and there lies the rub. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I love the huge upsets as well, the day we beat Auburn, App state beat Michigan.  These types of upsets will be fewer and far between with the new model and the NIL. The playoffs viewership is dropping due to the same teams and this will further exacerbate the problem.  The point is that college is going the way of the NFL and we already have the NFL and there lies the rub. 

Yes, I agree that it's looking like CFB is going going down the path of becoming NFL 2.0.  I hate the thought of that, but when players are shopping themselves around for best offers and effectively getting paid to play the game, how much of that passion, rivalry, innocence, etc. that comes through in the product is going to be lost?  We shall see.  It's probably blasphemous to even speak these words, but there have been times that I really looked back on USF's I-AA days and almost wished to be back there with all of the BS going on in the upper levels.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think the sport will always be here. It will just be how one handles where their team is within that sport ....

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, was not saying the sport is going away, just that we will continue to see its popularity drop year after year, gauged by ratings and attendance.

Got it .....

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

All problems would be fixed with a 16 team playoff that includes all FBS conference champs and more.

Gives enough room for the smaller-ish schools to get a shot, and the big boys get a couple extra playoff games to sell ad revenue and tix.

Seems like such an easy fix.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Yes, I agree that it's looking like CFB is going going down the path of becoming NFL 2.0.  I hate the thought of that, but when players are shopping themselves around for best offers and effectively getting paid to play the game, how much of that passion, rivalry, innocence, etc. that comes through in the product is going to be lost?  We shall see.  It's probably blasphemous to even speak these words, but there have been times that I really looked back on USF's I-AA days and almost wished to be back there with all of the BS going on in the upper levels.   

I do miss the inocence, excitment, and freshness of those times. We were so **** happy to finally have a team of our own. That can never be recreated. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

8 Conferences, 2 divisions each

16 Division winners faceoff in conference championships. Conference championships are essentially first round of playoffs. 8 Conference champions in playoff seeded based on rank. 

It's that easy!!!!

Winning divisions means something! winning Conferences means something!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

I'm lucky to get in USF games live (two young kids). Some i have to go back and watch later. I grew up an FSU fan for whatever reason. Guess i got into CFB when them and i believe it was Nebraska for the championship. Outside of that, i don't give a **** about any other teams other than catching highlights and making fun of neighbors P5 teams when they lose. 

All of this madness reminds me of 90/early 2000's NASCAR. It all comes back to reality at some point. As far as $$$ is concerned and alienating the core fanbase.

Edited by Sk00b
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

21 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The point is that college is going the way of the NFL and we already have the NFL and there lies the rub. 

75F9F22A-C9E0-407E-9553-9B25B1ECE882.jpe

• Haha 1