• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches on the Hot Seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What about fans on the hot seat? Many are ready to leave. Don’t **** it up Jeffrey. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Because they paid him fat stacks and he is going to the big 12 next year. There will not be a better coach that would be worth buying him out and replacing with a bigger contract.

I get that he is locked in and not going anywhere for a few seasons, but rating him as untouchable (same rating as Dabo, Fickell and Saban), seems a bit of a stretch considering he has had one good (but not great) season 

“Safe and Secure” would have made more sense

Personally, I think Malzhan ultimately is going to be as effective at UCF as Tuberville was at Cinci 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

12 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I get that he is locked in and not going anywhere for a few seasons, but rating him as untouchable (same rating as Dabo, Fickell and Saban), seems a bit of a stretch considering he has had one good (but not great) season 

“Safe and Secure” would have made more sense

Personally, I think Malzhan ultimately is going to be as effective at UCF as Tuberville was at Cinci 

IDK if he'll be that bad but all the advanced stat rankings think UCF got lucky to win 9 games last year and fell back big time. This year will be very telling, is that injuries or a trend?

• ESPN FPI never had Huepel's UCF worse than 25th in the country. In Malzan's first year they had them 55th.
  • Football reference's SRS just ranks teams on strength of schedule and point differential. They went from 36th in 2020 to 59th last year.
  • Same with Football Outsiders. Never worse than 28th with Huepel, but 62nd Malzan's first year.

Boise State, ECU, Tulane, and USF we're all fluky wins for them. Nothing would bring me more joy than for us to have a better record than them and a victory on their way out next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

IDK if he'll be that bad but all the advanced stat rankings think UCF got lucky to win 9 games last year and fell back big time. This year will be very telling, is that injuries or a trend?

• ESPN FPI never had Huepel's UCF worse than 25th in the country. In Malzan's first year they had them 55th.
  • Football reference's SRS just ranks teams on strength of schedule and point differential. They went from 36th in 2020 to 59th last year.
  • Same with Football Outsiders. Never worse than 28th with Huepel, but 62nd Malzan's first year.

Boise State, ECU, Tulane, and USF we're all fluky wins for them. Nothing would bring me more joy than for us to have a better record than them and a victory on their way out next year.

Technically we have a chance to send ALL of the teams going to the B12 with a loss this year. If we were only to win 5 games this year, I would be happy beating BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston + the victory over Howard. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Technically we have a chance to send ALL of the teams going to the B12 with a loss this year. If we were only to win 5 games this year, I would be happy beating BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston + the victory over Howard. 

Haaa! If we beat those teams, we will be AAC champions!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Haaa! If we beat those teams, we will be AAC champions!

If only we didn’t have to deal with Covid three years ago, those other teams are really lucky that it was contained to Temple Terrace and never went global. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What about fans on the hot seat? Many are ready to leave. Don’t **** it up Jeffrey. 

Many fans have already left... 

This year has to be bowl eligible (at least). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bear said:

That would definitely build the hype going into next season.  And assuming more stadium details would be flowing as well...  This would help launch the hype train.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

scott gets this year and next to turn it around and that is fair

all the marbles are next year

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Bear said:

Many fans have already left... 

I have met a few that have returned to season ticket buyers. They feel that this is/should be the year that things get better. Seem to believe that management is finally where it needs to be.