• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS - Ring of Honor

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

If a conference championship is your scoring for the program, you are right.  That doesn't mean much to many, and people have contributed much more than a  conference championship.  Your thinking is your right.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Brad said:

If a conference championship is your scoring for the program, you are right.  That doesn't mean much to many, and people have contributed much more than a  conference championship.  Your thinking is your right.

Selvie…and that’s probably it with me. Give CJL his statute out front…with him and LS. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I know the focus was probably on football focused players and coaches but I really am surprised it took y'all until page 4 (at least as far as I could tell) to mention LRS. Easily should be the first person honored, at least from this outsider's perspective.

Actually it was Page 3 and as much as I love LRS based on the Bucs and Bulls, there’s that little devil on my shoulder whispering in my ear, “You do remember that he was the one that that signed the worst ooc football series in the history of our program, right?”   👿

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Selvie…and that’s probably it with me. Give CJL his statute out front…with him and LS. 

4c-features-essential-the-ponderosa.png

What if we just put up a replica of the Ponderosa next to the OCS and inside it was a hall of fame dedicated to the history of this program getting started so perfectly? Something to pay respects to all the OG's, and the other guys from those first 10 years who we're responsible for the most rapid ascent in college football history, but maybe aren't worthy of the ring of honor.

Could then put up a statue of Leavitt and Lee Roy out front of it as they we're the 2 most responsible for USF football getting off the ground. 

DASEFJGJTHLDAMM.20090412032814.jpg?width

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

4c-features-essential-the-ponderosa.png

What if we just put up a replica of the Ponderosa next to the OCS and inside it was a hall of fame dedicated to the history of this program getting started so perfectly? Something to pay respects to all the OG's, and the other guys from those first 10 years who we're responsible for the most rapid ascent in college football history, but maybe aren't worthy of the ring of honor.

Could then put up a statue of Leavitt and Lee Roy out front of it as they we're the 2 most responsible for USF football getting off the ground. 

DASEFJGJTHLDAMM.20090412032814.jpg?width

Ok that I like! I would also take that pic of JL and LS and make a statute just like that. The two of them together. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok that I like! I would also take that pic of JL and LS and make a statute just like that. The two of them together. 

That would be a great addition to the OCS. The Ponderosa with the two USF football architects looking on.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

What conference trophies did Grothe win? How many times was he an all-american? What nationally recognized awards did he win? The answers to all those questions is 0.

He also threw as many INTs as TDs.

What exactly did he accomplish in the long run to deserve to be glorified forever on USF stadium? 

If we’re gonna glorify every quarterback with a winning record that comes through USF…

He also beat Auburn at Auburn. That alone gets him in the HOF in my book. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

WT having a losing record overall and showing hope wasn't moving backwards?

This almost as brilliant as your blaming Q for our UCF woes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

This almost as brilliant as your blaming Q for our UCF woes.

Stop quoting him. I've been enjoying my time on here more.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Stop quoting him. I've been enjoying my time on here more.

Misery loves company ....