• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Ugly incident after the game.

1a281360-e8c8-11ec-bffc-2961c762cdf2

The fan was charged with two counts of assault, two counts of disorderly...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

This is why I try to teach my kids to keep a low profile when at away games, especially in certain cities …..that we’ll probably never go to anyway, though.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 hours ago, John Lewis said:

They were up 2-0 in game 2 and then the bottom fell out.

I can still remember Espo saying that he told Shero that the team should stay outside of Montreal because the team was pretty young and they would get caught up in in the nightlife there. Turns out he was pretty spot on.

👍. The only other thing I remember about that series is in game 3 is that Billy Joel (who was the new best thing) sung that national anthem. When he was done Dave Maloney (who now does Rangers radio) tapped Joel on the ass but did too hard because he was so pumped up. Joel turned around and looked at him with a “what the hell look.” 😂

10 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is why I try to teach my kids to keep a low profile when at away games, especially in certain cities …..that we’ll probably never go to anyway, though.  

It was terrible. I just don’t understand people…they are inconceivable at times. Glad to see Ranger fans helped track the ****  for the cops (who have charged him with assault). One of the fans who attended to the Tampa fan was fortunately a doctor. Apparently the Rangers organization is paying for all the medical bills. Just tragic and sad. As a diehard Ranger fan I apologize to Tampa fans on behalf of those of us who support our team without being an *******. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It was terrible. I just don’t understand people…they are inconceivable at times. Glad to see Ranger fans helped track the ****  for the cops (who have charged him with assault). One of the fans who attended to the Tampa fan was fortunately a doctor. Apparently the Rangers organization is paying for all the medical bills. Just tragic and sad. As a diehard Ranger fan I apologize to Tampa fans on behalf of those of us who support our team without being an *******. 

It was one bad person NEB.  A lot of Ranger fans were genuinely concerned and called Security for help for this Lightning fan.  Most people are good, but there is always that bad apple in the crowd.  

Not to say that Tampa Bay fans are sweet and perfect, but this does seem to happen more in the Northeastern cities than the South or even the Midwest for some reason.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

After he punched the lightning fan he then punched a ranger fan that tried to detain him until the cops could arrest him. He was ultimately arrested at the Garden and has been identified as James Anastasio. Apparently the 2 guys were jawing all night but that still doesn't give anyone the right to assault someone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

At the end of the day there is no need for that in sports by fans. People like that deserve to be locked up. Since he is NYC, he will be out in no time and get minimum time. Trouba keeps trying to chicken wing players and leave his feet to elbow them in the head. Hopefully the league spoke with him about that  . Hoping to close the series out and embarrass the Rangers on home ice.  Kudos to the Rangers because they went further than anyone  or realistic fan thought they would at the beginning  of the year. I hate NY, Boston, and Philly fans because they have a lot of buttheads in their bases. I am glad some ranger fans helped and one even got assaulted by identifying the guy. NEB is a prime example not all NYR fans are bad.  Let's go Bolts! 3elieve in a 3peat! Big rig needs 4 I'm a row  and Paul and Hagel need to join the dynasty  .

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Apparently the 2 guys were jawing all night but that still doesn't give anyone the right to assault someone.

Absolutely, but you've got to use some freaking common sense, though, when in situations like that ..... and I think he was by himself to boot.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

It was one bad person NEB.  A lot of Ranger fans were genuinely concerned and called Security for help for this Lightning fan.  Most people are good, but there is always that bad apple in the crowd.  

Not to say that Tampa Bay fans are sweet and perfect, but this does seem to happen more in the Northeastern cities than the South or even the Midwest for some reason.

Glad to see you back and supporting Champa Bay Lightning! We have all the same sports teams lol

Bucs, bolts, and bulls.

Congrats Bolts fans on this thread. Better team won. My boys ran out of gas but we are ahead of schedule. You have an amazing franchise…enjoy the ride. Well, that’s it for me it’s on to Fenway Park and the Red Sox. Good luck against the Aves.