• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

On 5/31/2022 at 6:46 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I am glad this board has another nhl outlet for me (although the New York Rangers have an excellent board which I participate in regularly. They use the same format and portal that this board uses).

@NewEnglandBull, is there anything you see over there in how they layout or operated the board that you think we should consider here?  There is a slot of functionality and I sometimes wonder if we're using half of it...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

@NewEnglandBull, is there anything you see over there in how they layout or operated the board that you think we should consider here?  There is a slot of functionality and I sometimes wonder if we're using half of it...

Not so much Brad. It is exactly the same format and processes you have here. Both are very comfortable and user friendly (unlike my Boston RedSox and Los Angles Rams boards which are clunky requiring two steps to post and quote). The only thing the Rangers board has that I like compared to here is that there are more options to rate a post (that option on the bottom right hand of all posts). They have a variety of icons that can be used like a bulls eye, glass of beer, hand clap, etc. it’s kind of fun to mix those up sometimes as a responder to a post. But that of course is minor, you do outstanding work here Brad and it’s appreciated by all of us. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

Big game two coming up in 30!!

I don't have a great feeling for the Lightning despite the history.  Just don't know if this is the game they snap back into form.  Kind of like with Toronto.

Tampa Bay night in the desert

7B728429-7403-482F-A346-5F2359C45AD1.jpeg

Gotta pull those drapes.  :roflmao:

Rangers get another one. Those last two minutes were crazy. 93% of teams that take a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Championship go on to win the series. But Tampa will not apply to that statistic as the last two minutes tonight show that when you guys are desperate it’s tough to stop. Would not be shocked to see this at 2 to 2 going back to MSG. This Ranger team is not the same one that started in round one against the Pens. I’ve been amazed how much their forechecking and down low cycling has improved…especially by the Kid Line.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif.1c6de3bfdb32e4fab34ebd6647af4b6d.gif

Good gutsy play Lightning fans. Tough to take down a champion. 2 to 0 NHL leads are the worst leads in all of sports. We have a long series ahead of us. Igor had 53 shots at him, not a winning formula for the Rangers at this point. Rangers looked really tired in the 2nd half of this game, you guys are getting advantage of that rest. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Lightning clawed their way to the win. Lightning played with the desperation they needed to as they couldn’t afford to lose this one and go down 3-0.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

<Close your ears, NEB> I know there are bad apples in every fanbase and I'm stereotyping but ...... NY fans are a bunch of classless pigs. Assume it was visible on tv but at the immediate end of game, clappers they gave out came raining down out of the stands, even before their own team cleared the ice. A ******* safety hazard to both teams, and the same thing happened last year in a home loss to the Islanders ....... obviously not a coincidence. </rant off>

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

<Close your ears, NEB> I know there are bad apples in every fanbase and I'm stereotyping but ...... NY fans are a bunch of classless pigs. Assume it was visible on tv but at the immediate end of game, clappers they gave out came raining down out of the stands, even before their own team cleared the ice. A ******* safety hazard to both teams, and the same thing happened last year in a home loss to the Islanders ....... obviously not a coincidence. </rant off>

Yeah that is pretty low and really stupid. I hope no one got hit. It’s too bad that some people are like that, it really takes the enjoyment away from the game itself. Hopefully, security got a few or will be on the lookout next time. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull