• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Lightning to face the rangers in ecf 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

Now time to take down Neb's Rangers. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Forgot those were NEB's boys, would have preferred the Canes. One for the goalies, two for the potential of a NY infestation of Amalie ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I am ecstatic that we beat the Canes…unreal. I was able to get to MSG this winter for two games and could see with my own eyes the jump in quality this team has had this year (only missed two games on tv as well). I Don’t expect the Rangers to win this one though (honestly I had them out in 6 against the Canes). Rangers are 4th youngest team in the NHL so this is all a learning experience. At the same time, Rangers are playing with house money now and are playing their best hockey of the year. Two great goaltenders but Tampa has that intangible of a champion. I am thinking Tampa in 6 but the series will have some meat grinding moments for both teams and I expect a few low scoring games for sure. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am ecstatic that we beat the Canes…unreal. Don’t expect the Rangers to win this one though (honestly I had them out in 6 against the Canes). Rangers are 4th youngest team in the NHL so this is all a learning experience. At the same time, Rangers are playing with house money now and are playing their best hockey of the year. Two great goaltenders but Tampa has that intangible of a champion. I am thinking Tampa in 6 but the series will have some meat grinding moments for both teams. 

Anything can happen ... both goalies are capable of stealing games. The Rangers are healthy and the lightning are banged up and without Point. I say bolts in 6, but I am not Taking the Rangers lightly. They built a nice team with drafting and key free agent signings. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Forgot those were NEB's boys, would have preferred the Canes. One for the goalies, two for the potential of a NY infestation of Amalie ....

Yeah I am not looking forward to the ranger fans either.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Anything can happen ... both goalies are capable of stealing games. The Rangers are healthy and the lightning are banged up and without Point. I say bolts in 6, but I am not Taking the Rangers lightly. They built a nice team with drafting and key free agent signings. 

One player to keep an eye for the Rangers is Barclay Goodrow. The ex-Lightening player was the difference in why we beat the Canes. He is a mucker who does the little things. Tampa, I believe, has two more of these type players and that will probably be the difference. Yes, Rangers have a good balance of youth and vets, but D will make a mistake in key moments at times. But they do have heart as they are now 5-0 in elimination games which I believe ties the nhl record. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

One player to keep an eye for the Rangers is Barclay Goodrow. The ex-Lightening player was the difference in why we beat the Canes. He is a mucker who does the little things. Tampa, I believe, has two more of these type players and that will probably be the difference. Yes, Rangers have a good balance of youth and vets, but D will make a mistake in key moments at times. But they do have heart as they are now 5-0 in elimination games which I believe ties the nhl record. 

I'm looking forward to the battles of the muckers in Maroon and perry versus Reaves and Goodrow. Belly was a great pick up to center them.

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I'm looking forward to the battles of the muckers in Maroon and perry versus Reaves and Goodrow. Belly was a great pick up to center them.

Hopefully Maroon keeps everything under control, as he has through the playoffs, with Reaves. 

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully Maroon keeps everything under control, as he has through the playoffs, with Reaves. 

Reaves has not been the player we thought we were getting. His enforcer abilities have diminished significantly since his Vegas days. Our thumper is Trouba but the trade off with him is that he is good for three or four really dumb penalties in a series. 

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Reaves has not been the player we thought we were getting. His enforcer abilities have diminished significantly since his Vegas days. Our thumper is Trouba but the trade off with him is that he is good for three or four really dumb penalties in a series. 

That’s one thing I can recall from the past two runs. The PP wasn’t always running at a great clip but it seemed to always make the other team pay for really dumb penalties. Here’s to Trouba not learning his lesson yet. 

One thing we screwed up was not giving Gerard a chance at revenge on the team that made the idiot move of firing him a little over 2 years into his stint as head coach. Always have a soft spot for those early early Bolts players …… but he’s dead to me for the next 12 days or so.