• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,288
  • Days Won:  25

To be expected after any cup run much less 3 straight.  Also lots of long term injury reserve money opened up. Let's use that tampa salary cap loophole that every team uses. Point has. A major quad tear Screenshot_20220628-134625_Facebook.jpg.622c3cbb6d42e050772a39d3fe18d34d.jpg

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, Outlaw said:

To be expected after any cup run much less 3 straight.  Also lots of long term injury reserve money opened up. Let's use that tampa salary cap loophole that every team uses. Point has. A major quad tear Screenshot_20220628-134625_Facebook.jpg.622c3cbb6d42e050772a39d3fe18d34d.jpg

You can't be upset as a Lightning fan too much.  This team has given us 10 years of excellent hockey.  8 playoffs made, 18 playoff series wins, 2 Championships in that span.....AMAZING when you think of it that way.

This year the Injuries you just outlined and the sheer exhaustion caught up with us at the end.  And give Colorodo credit, they are an excellent team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

You can't be upset as a Lightning fan too much.  This team has given us 10 years of excellent hockey.  8 playoffs made, 18 playoff series wins, 2 Championships in that span.....AMAZING when you think of it that way.

This year the Injuries you just outlined and the sheer exhaustion caught up with us at the end.  And give Colorodo credit, they are an excellent team.

Not upset all, not sure the word but closest maybe would be disappointed. Throw out the altitude induced shutout and the losses were by one goal each (not going to bother to touch the specifics of some of those goals in those games). The key player we had to help neutralize Colorado's speed was a non factor in the series and would have loved to have seen him in there but health is a huge component in the grind of the SC playoffs. It just wasn't meant to be this time and the Avs are a ******* scary team.

I know a lot of people are reticent to call this a Dynasty yet without that third Cup but if it's not, I think it's the closest thing we've seen in the salary cap era. Only thing bothering me going forward is the talk of dealing McDonagh. The identity of this team changed when the focus changed to defense and he's been a huge part of that.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91

On 7/2/2022 at 9:23 AM, Triple B said:

Not upset all, not sure the word but closest maybe would be disappointed. Throw out the altitude induced shutout and the losses were by one goal each (not going to bother to touch the specifics of some of those goals in those games). The key player we had to help neutralize Colorado's speed was a non factor in the series and would have loved to have seen him in there but health is a huge component in the grind of the SC playoffs. It just wasn't meant to be this time and the Avs are a ******* scary team.

I know a lot of people are reticent to call this a Dynasty yet without that third Cup but if it's not, I think it's the closest thing we've seen in the salary cap era. Only thing bothering me going forward is the talk of dealing McDonagh. The identity of this team changed when the focus changed to defense and he's been a huge part of that.

I agree with the loss of McDonough would be a blow.  But, I have faith in this GM that we have, he seems to always find a way to make slick trades, not to say McDonough can be replaced.  Our best players will still be back next year....some are getting an age a little like Stamkos and Hedman, but as long as we keep the core - Kuch, Point, Vassy still pretty young and others......there is still a lot to build around where we can continue to be a factor for the next 3-5 years I think.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,288
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, JonesyBucs said:

I agree with the loss of McDonough would be a blow.  But, I have faith in this GM that we have, he seems to always find a way to make slick trades, not to say McDonough can be replaced.  Our best players will still be back next year....some are getting an age a little like Stamkos and Hedman, but as long as we keep the core - Kuch, Point, Vassy still pretty young and others......there is still a lot to build around where we can continue to be a factor for the next 3-5 years I think.

McD's contract was going to hurt us over the next 3 years. We got out scotch free . Wish him the best and he was a huge part of that back to back cup championships and playoff runs.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252

Lightning schedule released. Bolts will have the rematch with Colorado feb 9 at Amalie and feb 14 in Colorado. Bolts will be in Arizona feb 15.

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/334823926/binary-file/file.pdf