• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Oh look. 

Game isn't at 0:00...but it almost may well be. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Days Won:  25

On 5/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, zarnozdabull said:

Rough start for y'all.

Hopefully we bring honor back to the state tonight.

Not sure how much  Lightning hockey you follow, but the Lightning typically lost the series opener. The lightning have a lot more experience in the playoffs and actually have won cups.  What makes you like the kitty cats over the Lightning since you are a Bulls fan ? Do or did you play hockey? There a few of us on here that do How many years have you been a Panthers fan? I am glad to find some more hockey fans on the board. 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:18 AM, Triple B said:

Well, that escalated quickly ....... My biggest fear now is that having to face us, we are Toronto's Columbus. Facing a two time defending SC champion being that something extra that pushes them over the hump .... although, I'm still hoping they shot their wad last night.

We will be fine, the lightning usually lose the opening game. The defense and goaltending are way better than Toronto could dream of. Bolts in 6.  

On 5/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, Brad said:

Hope the Lightning can win one on the road.  Cooper like Scott, needs to win now and use that genius he is accused of having to win a game now.

There is one difference though Cooper has always been a winner from his start here and well CJS hasn't really won anything but one FBS game. Cooper also developed all of the elite talent outside of Hedman and Stamkos. Cooper also had  quite a bit more experience being a head coach than Scott did before he was hired. Cooper coached the AHL squad and developed the triplets (Johnson, Palat, Kucherov) and several role players like Kilhorn. Scott never ever ran one side of the ball at the division one level.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure how much  Lightning hockey you follow, but the Lightning typically lost the series opener. The lightning have a lot more experience in the playoffs and actually have won cups.  What makes you like the kitty cats over the Lightning since you are a Bulls fan ? Do or did you play hockey? There a few of us on here that do How many years have you been a Panthers fan? I am glad to find some more hockey fans on the board. 

We will be fine, the lightning usually lose the opening game. The defense and goaltending are way better than Toronto could dream of. Bolts in 6.  

What does being a USF Bulls fan have to do with hockey? I was raised in Broward County and I ain't no bandwagoner Lightning fan like the rest of my friends. Most people I've met were Blackhawks, Bruins, and Capitals fans that now are Bolts fans since two years ago. Can't imagine switching team alliances like that over some success, gross.

I did bet on the Lightning winning the Toronto series so right now I am cheering for the Bolts at least. Really hoping we get that Round 2 matchup rematch, last year the Battle for Florida was incredibly entertaining - especially now that there's going to be an even cap space. 😉

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

What does being a USF Bulls fan have to do with hockey? I was raised in Broward County and I ain't no bandwagoner Lightning fan like the rest of my friends.

Do agree that being a USF fan should have nothing to do with pro sports fandom but dude, a Miami fan throwing shade about bandwagoning fans?? Come on now ......

29 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

last year the Battle for Florida was incredibly entertaining - especially now that there's going to be an even cap space. 😉

1311895085_fingerwag.gif.df8ba63f6ebd6dc77250f4d2c2aca17e.gif

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do agree that being a USF fan should have nothing to do with pro sports fandom but dude, a Miami fan throwing shade about bandwagoning fans?? Come on now ......

I would say Miami fans are even worse at bandwagoning. Especially these new Panthers fans coming out of nowhere. But Miami bandwagoning is different than Tampa bandwagoning - Miami fans are just INCREDIBLY apathetic until the team wins and only care when the team wins, rather than transplants switching alliances. Hopefully this success for both teams is long-lasting. It's great that both Florida hockey teams are now experiencing success, great for the sport.

Edited by zarnozdabull
  • Upvote 1

I would  love a rematch and to end your season. The kitty Kats have zero pedigree and the stadium  is usually a ghost town.  The salary cap is fake news because it isn't against the rules there were only a few like 3 or 4 teams not over the cap with ltir money. Did you know 11 million of the "cap"were players that haven't touched the ice in years ??  Sorry our gm knows how to take dead money on to acquire assets. So we would have to void literally almost every Stanley cup if ltir money and most teams would  not be  eligible if they were over the cap with ltir. Not one gm voted to change it btw..BTW... sorry jbb is better at playing within the rules and winning cups. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

I would say Miami fans are even worse at bandwagoning. Especially these new Panthers fans coming out of nowhere. But Miami bandwagoning is different than Tampa bandwagoning - Miami fans are just INCREDIBLY apathetic until the team wins and only care when the team wins, rather than transplants switching alliances. Hopefully this success for both teams is long-lasting. It's great that both Florida hockey teams are now experiencing success, great for the sport.

Both areas definitely need bandwagoners in one form or another when it comes to the pro teams. None of the teams are old enough to have generations and generations of fans where the fandom is embedded in the DNA ...

54 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Both areas definitely need bandwagoners in one form or another when it comes to the pro teams. None of the teams are old enough to have generations and generations of fans where the fandom is embedded in the DNA ...

The panthers have no fans  usually, you can go get tickets and literally pick your seat. My  buddy lives in WEst Palm and is a hardcore Detroit fan. We literally paid 25 bucks  last season for nose bleeds and walked to lower bowl seats.  The  usher guy looked at us and laughed because it was a ghost town. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Bolts tie the series up 2-2 after a 7-3 game 4 win. Bolts haven not lost back to back games in 16 tries. Win game 5 and this series is all likely over