• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hockey Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Let me add that this discussion is so much better than USF Athletics. I have taken a brief break from that as my fandom is slowly fading. The bastards have me on the ropes and are pounding away at me. If this football season is another failure I suspect I am done for a while. I am glad this board has another nhl outlet for me (although the New York Rangers have an excellent board which I participate in regularly. They use the same format and portal that this board uses). I am glad there a few of you who enjoy hockey. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Let me add that this discussion is so much better than USF Athletics. I have taken a brief break from that as my fandom is slowly fading. The bastards have me on the ropes and are pounding away at me. If this football season is another failure I suspect I am done for a while. I am glad this board has another nhl outlet for me (although the New York Rangers have an excellent board which I participate in regularly. They use the same format and portal that this board uses). I am glad there a few of you who enjoy hockey. 

Should be a great series, both teams seem to be on top of their game right now.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I suspect it will be a low scoring series as both teams have great goalies and great defenses.

You guys were certainly impacted with the long layoff. It happens. The layoff usually pays off toward the end of a series so you’ll get that back. Our kid line had 6 points tonight and Zib was sharp. Panarin has not played well this playoff season so I was glad to see him get one. In the 2nd period we started winning on the boards and that’s when I knew the layoff was helping as we are not a strong board team. Igor made some key saves. The Lightening could still win 4 straight and I know you guys have seen your team win these series over the years even after a slow start. Looking forward to the rest of the series. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Tomorrow night is going to be interesting with the 325-0 streak following a playoff loss at stake. I'll never count them out if they lose tomorrow but it would present a challenge they haven't faced in a long while.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Looking forward to tomorrow.  Yesterday was not stunning, but after the tie at 1-1, I thought the Lightning was getting in gear. Was I wrong …

Watched it with my son, a true-blue Bolts fan undertaking an effort to convert me into a hockey fan.  Getting there…

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Tomorrow night is going to be interesting with the 325-0 streak following a playoff loss at stake. I'll never count them out if they lose tomorrow but it would present a challenge they haven't faced in a long while.

I think it is 18-0 (yes I know you were being facetious 😀). Goodrow already told the Rangers players at today’s practice to have your head on a swivel tomorrow night. The betting line is high in favor of Tampa. 

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Goodrow already told the Rangers players at today’s practice to have your head on a swivel tomorrow night.

Okay, so what exactly does he mean there? To me, that usually indicates be on the lookout for border line late hits .....

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Okay, so what exactly does he mean there? To me, that usually indicates be on the lookout for border line late hits .....

No, the article said he was referring to the forechecking that will be coming from all different angles (both on and off the boards). Of course if you belief that both teams won’t be taking a run or two a little late after a pass you might be surprised…ahhh playoff hockey. Keep that head up or you’ll turn into Eric Lindros. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No, the article said he was referring to the forechecking that will be coming from all different angles (both on and off the boards). Of course if you belief that both teams won’t be taking a run or two a little late after a pass you might be surprised…ahhh playoff hockey. Keep that head up or you’ll turn into Eric Lindros. 

Okay, that makes sense .....