• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,561
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That is the life cycle of a college football program. You become good, then bad, then good, then bad and then great. Even Alabama had a few bad seasons.

Alabama was looking pretty bad until Saban  came along. He saved that entire program. I don’t know what that man does that other coaches don’t, but he does it well.

Edited by Peatearpan

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree with what you said and if cjs can't do that, then bring in a coach that can. It scares me that he brought in fortin and that was his key qb transfer and he failed under him. He was supposed to be a qb,wr, and passing game  guru. Hopefully one of the qbs and the offense take multiple steps forward this year. We need quality oline recruits now we lost two of his recruits  with four years of eligibility  and will have several oline move on after  this year.

I assume that the ones we brought in were so good they scared of 2 good players. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,478
  • Days Won:  13

It all comes down to the QB. We need one f our QBs to simply snatch the f#$%^&king job and run with it. We are good  WR, RB and TE. I feel our O-line will be much better. It all falls of QB play. I have no favorite, just want SOMEBODY to utilize this great opportunity.  I also have faith in our defense. The fact that we are still going to add 2 more d-line players before fall camp has me excited b/c I'm already happy with the current additions and the players coming back. We have awesome uniforms and a great strength of schedule. Way to much opportunity in front of us to not to have some type of success. A 6 win bowl game season is the lowest goal, 8-5 would be a "great" season and 10 wins or more would make 2022 a miraculous season. 

If USF goes 10-2, we need to buy lottery tickets... 7-5 in the regular season would be fantastic, and involve one or two wins pulled out of nowhere.  USF could be competitive and still finish 5-7 given USF will be playing 6 "Power 5" teams - 3 OOC and 3 AAC/B12 ... (ugh, made me a little sick typing that).

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

It all comes down to the QB. We need one f our QBs to simply snatch the f#$%^&king job and run with it. We are good  WR, RB and TE. I feel our O-line will be much better. It all falls of QB play. I have no favorite, just want SOMEBODY to utilize this great opportunity.  I also have faith in our defense. The fact that we are still going to add 2 more d-line players before fall camp has me excited b/c I'm already happy with the current additions and the players coming back. We have awesome uniforms and a great strength of schedule. Way to much opportunity in front of us to not to have some type of success. A 6 win bowl game season is the lowest goal, 8-5 would be a "great" season and 10 wins or more would make 2022 a miraculous season. 

How I feel, and I think we have enough talent on both sides of the ball to be good. The margin between a 4-8 season and an 8-4 season is can Timmy make the leap.

Glad Marsh came back. If he didn't we might be sitting here after the spring game happy we finally know who our QB is and I'm sure Timmy would be doing all he can to get ready for the year. But because he came back and looked good in the spring game it'll push Timmy to prep this offseason like his hair is on fire. "I could go to the beach today, but if I go do these drills with a WR it could give me another inch on Marsh"

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,542
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

How I feel, and I think we have enough talent on both sides of the ball to be good. The margin between a 4-8 season and an 8-4 season is can Timmy make the leap.

Glad Marsh came back. If he didn't we might be sitting here after the spring game happy we finally know who our QB is and I'm sure Timmy would be doing all he can to get ready for the year. But because he came back and looked good in the spring game it'll push Timmy to prep this offseason like his hair is on fire. "I could go to the beach today, but if I go do these drills with a WR it could give me another inch on Marsh"

I like marsh came back with fire In his belly to best McClain.  He has a much better arm but made lots of mistakes . I believe he and McClain  both have 3 years left ? Marsh does get a covid year correct ? I don't care who wins the job,l if they move this team forward.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel our O-line will be much better.

Why?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Days Won:  28

24 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Why?

1. They improved last year in a few categories

2. They are all 5th/6th year seniors. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that at this point they are ALL at their physical peak at least on the college level. Trey Jacobs looks jacked and was manhandling dudes all last year! I feel Jacobs, Jennings, Cecil and Harris are all potential NFL players, they just need to pull out one "hellava" year. 

3. Last year our QBs had time to throw the ball thanks to our O-line. If they can simply start connecting, then opposing defenses wouldn't load up on the line every play like they have the past few years. It's tough for any o-line to be successful when they face a "stacked box" every play. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,542

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Why?

Did we get 4 new linemen?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I am not lowering my expectation because of the coach. He should go .500 or find a new job.

Again, you are hoping we get to .500. You don't expect them to.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,656
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Again, what did you say above that would lead you to expect us to go bowling? You keep giving reasons why there is no reason to expect it. 

I get what he's saying .... I never play the lottery but fully expect to win it every week.

• Haha 1