• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Football Press Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

I officially endorse CJS after this press conference. He seems super genuine and upfront. When he was talking about Sammy Watkins it showed his true heart. I support CJS and is ready 4 the season. Bring on muthafu**** BYU! :04-rock:

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Honestly for me, in year 3, 6-6 and a crappy bowl is the absolute floor and anything less is a huge disappointment and will cause me to question if CJS is the right guy.  I realize Chuckles left the program in shambles but in the third year a competent coach with a Florida recruiting base playing in the AAC should be able to get 6 wins despite having a strong OOC schedule,  Also, the Covid argument doesn’t quite hold water.  Yes it hampered things early, however by CJS own admission with the extra year and players being immediately eligible in the portal it allows a coach to turn over a roster quicker with college level players  and shorten the rebuild time without having to take the extra time to develop high school players.

No more freaking excuses!

Well said. I agree with you 100 percent. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,394
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I officially endorse CJS after this press conference. He seems super genuine and upfront. When he was talking about Sammy Watkins it showed his true heart. I support CJS and is ready 4 the season. Bring on muthafu**** BYU! :04-rock:

So being genuine  and nice, what about that is helping develop talent and come up with a winning gameplan ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,579
  • Days Won:  423

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Pitiful thread

BO tried getting it on track but it devolved, not unexpectedly with Torello's season thoughts, into the sos .....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,579
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We took the time yesterday to listen to the game and drink some beers at the same time. it was interesting. The play by was good and provided some bio/inside info on the players which helped. I thought Marsh did a pretty good job and was consistent. McClain struggled early but seemed to settle in. I figured BJ would come out in the Touch Game and excel and that he did. That game was a nice angle but could have been longer. The postgame interview? I like that Scott is upbeat. We may think its his role but when you hear repetitive players speak highly of him that puts some reality on his relationships. Dukes, is a hoot. He's like a small bulldozer crossed with Lou Reed. Nice personality. McClain, last year he looked like a boy this year he looks like a man. Time will tell. It was a Spring game-practice not meant to exhibit too much but gives you a little insight. In another interview that Coach Trickett had, he was talking Marsh. He likes his size and his heart but said he needs to work on a number of things to be really good. Never know, right coach could make Marsh into a heck of a player-he reminds me of Doug Willaims. We went away positive.  

Also thought the Touch Game was a nice angle, enjoying seeing a ton of familiar names, if not familiar bodies, out there ..... with the Dancing Bear's pick my highlight.

Along the same vein of your Dukes' assessment, going old school, Albritton reminded me of Don Nottingham, the human bowling ball ...... and the biggest eye opener for me was seeing Matos out there. He looks like the prototypical edge rusher and hopefully they can really coach him up.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We took the time yesterday to listen to the game and drink some beers at the same time. it was interesting. The play by was good and provided some bio/inside info on the players which helped. I thought Marsh did a pretty good job and was consistent. McClain struggled early but seemed to settle in. I figured BJ would come out in the Touch Game and excel and that he did. That game was a nice angle but could have been longer. The postgame interview? I like that Scott is upbeat. We may think its his role but when you hear repetitive players speak highly of him that puts some reality on his relationships. Dukes, is a hoot. He's like a small bulldozer crossed with Lou Reed. Nice personality. McClain, last year he looked like a boy this year he looks like a man. Time will tell. It was a Spring game-practice not meant to exhibit too much but gives you a little insight. In another interview that Coach Trickett had, he was talking Marsh. He likes his size and his heart but said he needs to work on a number of things to be really good. Never know, right coach could make Marsh into a heck of a player-he reminds me of Doug Willaims. We went away positive.  

thank you for this scouting report

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Well said. I agree with you 100 percent. 

a bowl game? 6 wins?

i would settle for alot of improvement and a starting qb

i think next year is the year we must go to a bowl game

cjs has a nice contract he isnt going anywhere after this year