• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Football Press Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

So being genuine  and nice, what about that is helping develop talent and come up with a winning gameplan ?

That's the "captain obvious" statment of 2022. He needs 2 win and I feel it will all come 2gether this year. It all starts with the "culture" of the team and that has shifted in my eyes.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, smazza said:

thank you for this scouting report

My pleasure. And I did it with you in mind especially after the 2nd brew. 🤓

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Also thought the Touch Game was a nice angle, enjoying seeing a ton of familiar names, if not familiar bodies, out there ..... with the Dancing Bear's pick my highlight.

Along the same vein of your Dukes' assessment, going old school, Albritton reminded me of Don Nottingham, the human bowling ball ...... and the biggest eye opener for me was seeing Matos out there. He looks like the prototypical edge rusher and hopefully they can really coach him up.

When CJS said they call Albritton-Alstott it conjured up old memories. Alstott was fun to watch. I hope the kid fits the bill that would be a weapon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,394
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That's the "captain obvious" statment of 2022. He needs 2 win and I feel it will all come 2gether this year. It all starts with the "culture" of the team and that has shifted in my eyes.  

His culture is 1 fbs and zero road wins.  I hope he isn't content and that he got an extension. The dude should have some fire in his belly and be trying to win at all cost 

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

His culture is 1 fbs and zero road wins.  I hope he isn't content and that he got an extension. The dude should have some fire in his belly and be trying to win at all cost 

I assume he is well aware of his record and ready 2 have success. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I assume he is well aware of his record and ready 2 have success. 

If you can enjoy and take confidence in him based on him saying the same things over and over while producing zero results you really cannot begrudge people for saying the same things in response to his words that never come with any measurable action despite the fact they are obviously not working.

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you can enjoy and take confidence in him based on him saying the same things over and over while producing zero results you really cannot begrudge people for saying the same things in response to his words that never come with any measurable action despite the fact they are obviously not working.

All coaches say the same thing everywhere. I referred 2 his "heart" based off of what he said regarding Sammy Watkins. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

All coaches say the same thing everywhere. I referred 2 his "heart" based off of what he said regarding Sammy Watkins. 

And for coaches if you win everything you say is great and if you lose everything you say is dumb, going into his third year with a watered down conference and people laughingly claiming this middling schedule is "hard" people are expecting him to max out at 4 wins in his third year bringing his winning percentage to .212 with 7 wins to go with his 26 losses, everyone knows the rules. He should be so focused on the fact he needs any wins to save his career that he would rip Sammy Watkins heart out with his bare hands in order to get a single win more, if I want sappy heart warming I will turn on the Hallmark channel, which at least tries to have likable characters instead of a lovable loser that brings nothing bad sadness and failure to the world around them.

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

When CJS said they call Albritton-Alstott it conjured up old memories. Alstott was fun to watch. I hope the kid fits the bill that would be a weapon.

He is our first fullback in years. Ive been talking about him. Good thing about him was that there was plenty of footage of him out running his opponents in addition to rumming through them so he is not slow.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And for coaches if you win everything you say is great and if you lose everything you say is dumb, going into his third year with a watered down conference and people laughingly claiming this middling schedule is "hard" people are expecting him to max out at 4 wins in his third year bringing his winning percentage to .212 with 7 wins to go with his 26 losses, everyone knows the rules. He should be so focused on the fact he needs any wins to save his career that he would rip Sammy Watkins heart out with his bare hands in order to get a single win more, if I want sappy heart warming I will turn on the Hallmark channel, which at least tries to have likable characters instead of a lovable loser that brings nothing bad sadness and failure to the world around 

Complaining about him daily won't change a thing which is why I always keep a positive outlook. Since CJS has been here, a lot of bad players left, a lot of transfers/recruits came in, we are building an IPF that will be done by Fall camp and the OSC is in the planning stages. The only thing left 2 do is win. UCF was 0-12 in 2015, 6 - 6 in 2016 and then went undefeated in 2017 and had a pretty good 2018 season. Anything can happen my friend. Plenty of teams have success after bad seasons.  Why can't we have a successful 2022? 

• Go Bulls! 2