• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Tourney Talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

If we somehow make it out of the first weekend, we will have the easiest path to the final four. But we've never done that and I'm sure both Miami and USC will do their homework and press us the entire way through. Sydni Harvey HAS to play like she did early in the year for us to have a chance. 

Edited by bullsbucsfan426

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

I can only focus on Miami. Can't look at all at Sunday. Thats what Friday night and Saturday are for.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I can only focus on Miami. Can't look at all at Sunday. Thats what Friday night and Saturday are for.

GO BULLS!

Pretty sure the team is focused on Miami as well. They aren't shooting well enough to look past anyone.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

Looks like Miami was playing better as the season wore on. They beat the No. 2 seed Louisville and No. 3 seed Notre Dame in the ACC Tournament to reach the title game, so they're playing their best basketball right now. In comparison, we played our best basketball in 2021.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Looks like Miami was playing better as the season wore on. They beat the No. 2 seed Louisville and No. 3 seed Notre Dame in the ACC Tournament to reach the title game, so they're playing their best basketball right now. In comparison, we played our best basketball in 2021.

Unfortunately true. Need to recapture that lightning.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Watching this UIW/Howard game is making me cringe. USC going to beat someone by 100 haha. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, GVLPalmettoBull said:

Watching this UIW/Howard game is making me cringe. USC going to beat someone by 100 haha. 

Man, you can watch a random women’s game? More power to you my man. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

On 3/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, bullsbucsfan426 said:

If we somehow make it out of the first weekend, we will have the easiest path to the final four. But we've never done that and I'm sure both Miami and USC will do their homework and press us the entire way through. Sydni Harvey HAS to play like she did early in the year for us to have a chance. 

Harvey and Alvarez withering away this season have been the biggest disappointments for me. Harvey failed to score double-digit points in AAC play. She was integral in the wins over Oregon and Stanford, scoring 22 and 15. Through the first 8 games of the year she was averaging nearly 15 points per game. In the 22 games since then she managed only 5 points per game. I don't know if she is battling through an injury or what, but she has not been the same. Alvarez hasn't played the meaningful minutes that I thought she would this year. I envisioned her as being the sharp-shooting 6th man off the bench, but that hasn't come to pass. She did contribute a little bit more in AAC play than she did in OOC play, but not to the degree I had hoped. This team would have likely have won 2 or 3 more games this year if the two of them played up to their potential. 

As for the Tourney, it is disappointing being a 8/9 seed. The top 4 teams are almost impossible to beat in the women's game the opening weekend, especially with home court advantage. Would have much rather had a 10 seed or traded places with FGCU or IUPUI. Those are two teams that are likely to spring "upsets". I just hope CJF and the ladies find a way to harness the same magic they used to upset Stanford. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That was short lived 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Couldn’t watch it today due to traveling to St. Augustine for my fiancé’s sister’s Match Day. Don’t know what was worse, USF losing or the sister matching into UCF’s Resident Program 🤮