• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory "news"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,899
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t follow MBB as much as football.  To those that are more connected, is there anything remotely optimistic goin in to next season?   High profile recruits coming in, etc?  Or are we to just hope that the current crop of players and coaches improve?   I would guess that there will be huge turnover again.   I pity the ticket rep that’s got to sell this product.  Hey but at least we have stability.  

The wild card is who will jump ship?  If we keep the base we may be a couple of games below .500 in conference, if we lose Tchewa (I think we keep him), Murphy (we probably lose him) or Walker then we will be in single digits for wins.  Basically best case scenario we will be subpar, worst case a train wreck. I am done with them until CBG goes, no real hope that I can see, maybe Gatorbull or E.T in their infinite optimism can creat a scenario that we will be good, however not sure they can even provide the mental gymnastics to make this argument.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And a game changing on campus arena and we practice in doors…

image.jpeg.a6cb5fbe6725b6b5a6aad00909054951.jpeg

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The wild card is who will jump ship?  If we keep the base we may be a couple of games below .500 in conference, if we lose Tchewa (I think we keep him), Murphy (we probably lose him) or Walker then we will be in single digits for wins.  Basically best case scenario we will be subpar, worst case a train wreck. I am done with them until CBG goes, no real hope that I can see, maybe Gatorbull or E.T in their infinite optimism can creat a scenario that we will be good, however not sure they can even provide the mental gymnastics to make this argument.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind seeing Murphy move on.  He’s athletic and can run  and jump but I really don’t see why he was such a highly rated recruit.  No 3point shot, 50% from the  FT line and not much of a threat to score other than his favorite pull up jumper.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,899
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind seeing Murphy move on.  He’s athletic and can run  and jump but I really don’t see why he was such a highly rated recruit.  No 3point shot, 50% from the  FT line and not much of a threat to score other than his favorite pull up jumper.

I keep thinking he will develop a shot, if he can’t then I may agree with you, think he made one 3 pointer all year and his FT shooting is atrocious.  Be careful what you wish for, Moss is his backup and he is abysmal.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Not surprised, I had come to terms that he would be back.

Now first item I will be looking at, and hopefully our AD is, who stays and who bails.

In my book he needs to keep, Murphy, Tchewa, Walker and Chaplin. While none of them are fantastic, with our roster they are starters. 

Secondly, go in portal and bring in at least a couple that can hit threes.

If he can’t do those things then we will head for another single digit w8n season and if he isn’t fired then, well you might want to stop following USF basketball for the good of your health.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

The unfortunate part of all of this is that in 2 years, we are going to be looking for an AD, mens BB coach and possibly a football coach, all the while, still in the basement of the AAC for the revenue sports

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is STILL painful 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

37 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

The unfortunate part of all of this is that in 2 years, we are going to be looking for an AD, mens BB coach and possibly a football coach, all the while, still in the basement of the AAC for the revenue sports

At least they set up a system where they will all continue to be paid for creating a National embarrassment and we will have people talking about how they were just 10 short years away from finally having their long con pay off

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Murphy is the only guy on the team that create his own shot. For that reason alone you have to keep him. But everyone has to realize that coach doesn't make those decisions. The players decide whether they stay or go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I'm kinda with you on that as long as Moss stays. Moss seems to me a more distributing type pg, ala AC, where I liken Murphy more to, but not as bad as because of the jump shot, DC. Obviously CM will probably improve, hopefully all who stay will, but as far as "hate to lose" ones. Tchewa and Walker top that list ...... with McCreary if he's still in play (hasn't been purged from the roster yet.

• Upvote 1