• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF NIL Deals?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Absolutely, but if you're committed to donating to USF, which is what an NIL is for us, football is undoubtedly the worst donation. No one does less with more than our football team.

And yet we need those donations for the OCS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Isn't an NIL basically donating to a player, not USF?

Yes. And I'd rather my money go to Drew Brutcher, or pick anyone from the golf team, or women's soccer, etc... If I was a casual person who showed up at the Taco Bus and I saw things at the bus pimping my support of a random USF team/player I'd be like, "That's cool... Taco Bus is supporting USF athletics and players." If it was a football player it would fade into the background. It wouldn't even trip my radar. I'd see it and think, "Neat... Taco Bus supports the closest school."

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

And yet we need those donations for the OCS.

We absolutely do... but why should I give money to football and not some other sport? If I give my money to baseball, they might get a few more recruits who push them into the CWS. If I give my money to football, they might go 3-8 this year. And, if I'm lucky, maybe 5-7. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We absolutely do... but why should I give money to football and not some other sport? If I give my money to baseball, they might get a few more recruits who push them into the CWS. If I give my money to football, they might go 3-8 this year. And, if I'm lucky, maybe 5-7. 

And there is the dilemma.  If we don't donate to build the OCS we'll always $$uck (according to some).  If we build it we may $$uck anyway.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

And there is the dilemma.  If we don't donate to build the OCS we'll always $$uck (according to some).  If we build it we may $$uck anyway.

I'm firmly in the camp of giving my money to people who have shown they know what to do with it. I've said before in previous posts, I give money to UWF football (my first alma mater) over USF (my second) since one has paid immense dividends. I've talked with UWF and they explain exactly why and how my money will make a difference and have shown why it pays off. USF is long on what ifs. I love me some USF football and I want us to be good. But, why should I believe my money is going to make any difference now? What did we do with it before I switched? I have a limited budget to donate. I like knowing my small amount makes a difference to someone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Isn't an NIL basically donating to a player, not USF?

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yes. And I'd rather my money go to Drew Brutcher, or pick anyone from the golf team, or women's soccer, etc... If I was a casual person who showed up at the Taco Bus and I saw things at the bus pimping my support of a random USF team/player I'd be like, "That's cool... Taco Bus is supporting USF athletics and players." If it was a football player it would fade into the background. It wouldn't even trip my radar. I'd see it and think, "Neat... Taco Bus supports the closest school."

Which is fine ..... and someone else may want it to go to Timmy or someone else on the football team because that's who they want to help out. Kind of lost with the Taco Bus reference and must have misunderstood what you and NEB were talking about regarding donations versus returns on investments.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

It almost seems like if you're good at your sport and your team wins, people are interested in you and your likeness. But, the odd flip side to this is, when you individually suck and your team sucks, no one cares.

Clearly that is the only factor, e.g., the dominance of Fresno State in women's basketball.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

ACNXBSR245HMLKXFRWEC44CPKE.jpg

Being at the forefront of the name, image, likeness movement has put Florida behind.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0907%2Fr905937_1

With colleges allowed to pay each of their athletes up to $5,980 per year as...

Anyone know USF’s stance on this? If UCF, UF, and Miami have plans to give student athletes cash bonuses for grades and we don’t we won’t be getting any P5 quality players

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0907%2Fr905937_1

With colleges allowed to pay each of their athletes up to $5,980 per year as...

Anyone know USF’s stance on this? If UCF, UF, and Miami have plans to give student athletes cash bonuses for grades and we don’t we won’t be getting any P5 quality players

Quality P5 players? Unless we get to a P5 conference this is probably irrelevant.

Edited by NewEnglandBull