• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF NIL Deals?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

10 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

So, it looks like we just need to find every BullsPen member and put an oil derrick in their backyard.  What could go wrong?

paul thomas anderson film GIF by Tech Noir

Terrifying ordeal as sinkhole swallows bedroom

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I also find it interesting how strong the NIL market has appeared for certain women athletes.  Apparently, it doesn't hurt if they can cross over into modeling.  Gabrielle Reece, who was at FSU way back when I was there, cornered this market early on.

jeff-sims-mercedes-header.jpg

These are some of the largest and most groundbreaking NIL deals from the first six months of NIL.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

And also this...

ROBIN-ALAM_ICON-SPORTSWIRE-VIA-GETTY-IMA

A wave of female athletes have announced brand partnerships as both students and colleges acclimate to the new world of NIL.

Perhaps we could use something like this to bolster our already more successful women's programs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, SilverBull said:

And also this...

ROBIN-ALAM_ICON-SPORTSWIRE-VIA-GETTY-IMA

A wave of female athletes have announced brand partnerships as both students and colleges acclimate to the new world of NIL.

Perhaps we could use something like this to bolster our already more successful women's programs.

It almost seems like if you're good at your sport and your team wins, people are interested in you and your likeness. But, the odd flip side to this is, when you individually suck and your team sucks, no one cares.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:10 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Absolutely…this is true. Which leads us to the conclusion that there are no CEOs in Tampa who have a love for the athletics program in general and football specifically. This is the same problem that many students/alumni have, they would rather support a relative’s university before there own. Which, as many on this board know as my option, I find very strange and disappointing. This is particularly troublesome as I believe there is a strong correlation between an athletic budget and on field success. 

Yeah, if I'm a CEO in Tampa, football is just throwing money away. If I want bang for my buck, I don't bother and I invest in traditional advertising. If I want to feel good about my "investment," there might not be any other sport at the school less successful than football the past few years. I'm giving my money to WBB, soccer, baseball, the robotics team, debate, quidditch, etc. if I want to know my money is going to kids who are going to put it to good use.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yeah, if I'm a CEO in Tampa, football is just throwing money away. If I want bang for my buck, I don't bother and I invest in traditional advertising. If I want to feel good about my "investment," there might not be any other sport at the school less successful than football the past few years. I'm giving my money to WBB, soccer, baseball, the robotics team, debate, quidditch, etc. if I want to know my money is going to kids who are going to put it to good use.

Not sure if it’s an issue of who will be putting the money to better use than someone else. But coming back to your first point, other than a few players/teams, I suspect there is not much of a return on investment when a company invests in college sports period. In the end, this is more of donation than anything else. Thus, it may be more impactful to donate to a nonprofit with a good cause than in college sports.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure if it’s an issue of who will be putting the money to better use than someone else. But coming back to your first point, other than a few players/teams, I suspect there is not much of a return on investment when investing in college sports period. In the end, this is more of donation than anything else. Thus, it may be more impactful to donate to a nonprofit with a good cause than in college sports.

Absolutely, but if you're committed to donating to USF, which is what an NIL is for us, football is undoubtedly the worst donation. No one does less with more than our football team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Absolutely, but if you're committed to donating to USF, which is what an NIL is for us, football is undoubtedly the worst donation. No one does less with more than our football team.

Agreed

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

😔

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

33 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Isn't an NIL basically donating to a player, not USF?