• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF NIL Deals?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It was only semi-serious.  You can't argue that there is any USF sport outside of maybe women's soccer and men's golf that are big time at this moment.  There is some exposure but most of it is on ESPN + now.

I know. I didn't realize we had that many in just football. Didn't even look at other sports. Honestly, I am surprised.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If you're doing an NIL and pick football at USF, you've decided long beforehand on football for no reason other than your bias towards it being the only big-time sport. If you're looking for return on investment, I can give you a hundred better ways to advertise your company than our football team. And if I were a local business owner with $5000 to burn and want to direct into USF athletics, I'd absolutely put it towards winning/successful programs and do my advertising somewhere else. And I'd lean hard into my association with winning and supporting college athletics and plaster it in all of my locations.

Absolutely…this is true. Which leads us to the conclusion that there are no CEOs in Tampa who have a love for the athletics program in general and football specifically. This is the same problem that many students/alumni have, they would rather support a relative’s university before there own. Which, as many on this board know as my option, I find very strange and disappointing. This is particularly troublesome as I believe there is a strong correlation between an athletic budget and on field success. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,553
  • Days Won:  25

I thought some BBQ place sponsored the Oline with free food or somethingg.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Days Won:  28

@Jim Johnson literally posted a link to an article regarding a USF program called BOOST that addresses ALL of the NIL concerns in this thread. 🤷‍♀️ 

1. "Through an enhanced, multi-year relationship with continuing partner INFLCR, USF is launching the BOOST program for all 19 Bulls teams and nearly 450 student-athletes as part of the highly successful Lee Roy Selmon Mentoring Institute within USF Athletics. BOOST is a comprehensive suite of NIL programs that will empower Bulls' student-athletes with brand-building and management assets, education and financial literacy, and a streamlined fair market value evaluation and compliance exchange."

2. "The BOOST program will provide USF student-athletes with access to tools to leverage their reach, while INFLCR's platform, mobile app and dedicated INFLCR Plus team will provide educational support, social media measurement tools and other critical elements for brand growth.

"INFLCR Plus will be a valuable resource to further educate student-athletes on the things they can do to grow their brand value and realize it in the NIL era," Cavale said. "We've been using INFLCR together for the past few years and had a lot of success, and those building blocks will only take things to the next level as we go into the new era."

Equipped with BOOST, USF student-athletes can measure, assess and analyze data related to their personal brand and receive education on best practices for creating growth and dealing with finances. Bulls will continue to access photos, videos and graphics created by the USF Athletics content team to elevate their communication and storytelling on their social media channels.

Utilizing the INFLCR app, USF student-athletes had access to more than 27,000 pieces of content from Athletics staff in 2020-21 and made more than 13,000 downloads to post content on their social channels. USF Athletics social media channels generated more than 53 million impressions, 2.6 million engagements and 3.4 million video views in 2020-21 and saw growth of more than 35,000 followers."

1968902995_FireShotCapture162-USFNILDeals_-USFSouthFloridaBullsAthletics-TheBullsPen_com_-www.thebullspen_com.png.6c44c1d5a7acc7fe4a14aaff4640de02.png

42 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

@Jim Johnson literally posted a link to an article regarding a USF program called BOOST that addresses ALL of the NIL concerns in this thread. 🤷‍♀️ 

1. "Through an enhanced, multi-year relationship with continuing partner INFLCR, USF is launching the BOOST program for all 19 Bulls teams and nearly 450 student-athletes as part of the highly successful Lee Roy Selmon Mentoring Institute within USF Athletics. BOOST is a comprehensive suite of NIL programs that will empower Bulls' student-athletes with brand-building and management assets, education and financial literacy, and a streamlined fair market value evaluation and compliance exchange."

2. "The BOOST program will provide USF student-athletes with access to tools to leverage their reach, while INFLCR's platform, mobile app and dedicated INFLCR Plus team will provide educational support, social media measurement tools and other critical elements for brand growth.

"INFLCR Plus will be a valuable resource to further educate student-athletes on the things they can do to grow their brand value and realize it in the NIL era," Cavale said. "We've been using INFLCR together for the past few years and had a lot of success, and those building blocks will only take things to the next level as we go into the new era."

Equipped with BOOST, USF student-athletes can measure, assess and analyze data related to their personal brand and receive education on best practices for creating growth and dealing with finances. Bulls will continue to access photos, videos and graphics created by the USF Athletics content team to elevate their communication and storytelling on their social media channels.

Utilizing the INFLCR app, USF student-athletes had access to more than 27,000 pieces of content from Athletics staff in 2020-21 and made more than 13,000 downloads to post content on their social channels. USF Athletics social media channels generated more than 53 million impressions, 2.6 million engagements and 3.4 million video views in 2020-21 and saw growth of more than 35,000 followers."

1968902995_FireShotCapture162-USFNILDeals_-USFSouthFloridaBullsAthletics-TheBullsPen_com_-www.thebullspen_com.png.6c44c1d5a7acc7fe4a14aaff4640de02.png

Not really. This Is more a tool for the student athlete to prep for contractual agreements for companies. It does nothing to attract companies to USF which is what we ultimately need. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not really. This Is more a tool for the student athlete to prep for contractual agreements for companies. It does nothing to attract companies to USF which is what we ultimately need. 

I feel you. But believe in life that your blessings come when you prepare yourself to receive as well as obtain them. At least we are making the effort to educate our athletes. Once the wins start coming, so shall the NIL deals. Man I can't wait for this season to start. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

One thing to keep in mind... Universities cannot be involved in recruiting businesses to do that.  It's up to USF donors, boosters, supporters to do this on their own.

Look at what Texas A & M boosters did to get the number one recruiting class including a handful of 5-star recruits.

aggies_and_nil_cover_01142022

How NIL influenced this year's Texas A&M football recruits
1jf-e1641328813512.png?w=640

Getty Image / iStockphoto Head coach Jimbo Fisher and the Texas A&M Aggies signed one of the best recruiting classes of all-time this year. To do so, per reports, boosters...

• Go Bulls! 1

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel you. But believe in life that your blessings come when you prepare yourself to receive as well as obtain them. At least we are making the effort to educate our athletes. Once the wins start coming, so shall the NIL deals. Man I can't wait for this season to start. 

I respect that and you are very correct. Preparation is more than half the battle. I am with you, let’s hope that things turn around quickly and we can get some of these players paid.

37 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

One thing to keep in mind... Universities cannot be involved in recruiting businesses to do that.  It's up to USF donors, boosters, supporters to do this on their own.

Look at what Texas A & M boosters did to get the number one recruiting class including a handful of 5-star recruits.

aggies_and_nil_cover_01142022

How NIL influenced this year's Texas A&M football recruits
1jf-e1641328813512.png?w=640

Getty Image / iStockphoto Head coach Jimbo Fisher and the Texas A&M Aggies signed one of the best recruiting classes of all-time this year. To do so, per reports, boosters...

Yeah I get that. I mentioned earlier in this thread that the biggest issue we have is a lack of donors and supporters for the program. Of course losing cause of some of that but not all of it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

On 2/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, Jim Johnson said:

So, it looks like we just need to find every BullsPen member and put an oil derrick in their backyard.  What could go wrong?

paul thomas anderson film GIF by Tech Noir