• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early Signing Day - USF Athletics (Conversation Thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This class, especially the transfers, eliminates the desperation to try and improve rapidly. It was going to be next to impossible to do so through HS kids alone. CJS having little time to build a class in 2020 and the limitations that Covid placed on recruiting in 2021 really forced his hand. The foundation is now there and the improvement will come, rapidly. This is a unique situation that USF found itself in with these guys getting an extra year and not having to sit out. Finally, it appears that USF will be on the right side of timing for the first time since we were brought into the Big East. We aren't just going to improve for one year and then have to refill the cupboard like we traditionally would with these transfers. Almost all of them have 3 or even 4 years of eligibility remaining. 

Your last sentence is the important part. These transfers (and obviously freshman) have the opportunity to be here for a while where they could get even better each year. The future is bright. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Days Won:  12

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This class, especially the transfers, eliminates the desperation to try and improve rapidly. It was going to be next to impossible to do so through HS kids alone. CJS having little time to build a class in 2020 and the limitations that Covid placed on recruiting in 2021 really forced his hand. The foundation is now there and the improvement will come, rapidly. This is a unique situation that USF found itself in with these guys getting an extra year and not having to sit out. Finally, it appears that USF will be on the right side of timing for the first time since we were brought into the Big East. We aren't just going to improve for one year and then have to refill the cupboard like we traditionally would with these transfers. Almost all of them have 3 or even 4 years of eligibility remaining. 

Yep, I was just thinking as we piled on 11 quality transfers, how unique all the circumstances are to put us in a position where we CAN grab 11 guys, mostly from P5 schools, versus having to just bring in a bunch of true freshmen and a few one-offs with red flags. A lucky break for USF for once indeed.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The recruits and Sars 2 transfers look promising. If we don't go .500 the coaches don't have the excuse lap of depth or talent to use. Its a Gamble on the transfers and puts the pressure on the coaches. The coaches now have to have a plan, schemes, calls, amd game management to finally  turn the corner to win.. I hope it pays off and we are complaining about which  crap bowl we get it.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The recruits and Sars 2 transfers look promising. If we don't go .500 the coaches don't have the excuse lap of depth or talent to use. Its a Gamble on the transfers and puts the pressure on the coaches. The coaches now have to have a plan, schemes, calls, amd game management to finally  turn the corner to win.. I hope it pays off and we are complaining about which  crap bowl we get it.

I agree. 5-7 definitely gets them another year from me, but we need to see the next step in this rebuild. He is essentially entering year 2+ in my eyes. 6-6 would really be remarkable and a sign that he and his staff might be the real deal. The daunting OOC schedule looks like 1-3 is the most likely outcome, even with improvement. That would require a 5-3 conference performance. We will have to wait to see the schedule for this season. I would like to avoid Cincy and Houston if we can, although no Houston and Tulsa are probably more likely. My ideal AAC schedule would be:

Navy, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, SMU, Memphis, and UCF (preferably in that order). That gives us the best opportunity for a good start. If we could begin the season 5-0 in conference, that would be ideal. I have to imagine that the AAC will want to try and protect the teams that are remaining to some degree. Have UCF, Houston, and Cincy all play each other again to make sure that only 1 of them, at most, could be undefeated in conference play. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

Going the minimum 5 3 should be  the expectation and minimum in this conference every year...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree. 5-7 definitely gets them another year from me, but we need to see the next step in this rebuild. He is essentially entering year 2+ in my eyes. 6-6 would really be remarkable and a sign that he and his staff might be the real deal. The daunting OOC schedule looks like 1-3 is the most likely outcome, even with improvement. That would require a 5-3 conference performance. We will have to wait to see the schedule for this season. I would like to avoid Cincy and Houston if we can, although no Houston and Tulsa are probably more likely. My ideal AAC schedule would be:

Navy, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, SMU, Memphis, and UCF (preferably in that order). That gives us the best opportunity for a good start. If we could begin the season 5-0 in conference, that would be ideal. I have to imagine that the AAC will want to try and protect the teams that are remaining to some degree. Have UCF, Houston, and Cincy all play each other again to make sure that only 1 of them, at most, could be undefeated in conference play. 

Unlikely we avoid Cincy since they are a legacy program with us. I think we will avoid playing Houston and Tulsa this time around. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

ff60bcd0-7cb1-4d8a-b911-5138ee9227e5.siz

A breakdown on all 20 Michigan State football transfers and the five most likely to make an impact in 2021.

These were the 20 Michigan State Transfers last season...   State had a great season last season 10-2. 

No doubt the fastest way to turn the team around 

Complete List of Transfers:

Offense:

Anthony Russo, QB - Temple

Kenneth Walker III, RB - Wake Forest

Harold Joiner, RB - Auburn

Christian Fitzpatrick, WR - Louisville

Maliq Carr, WR/TE - Purdue

Powers Warren, TE - Mississippi State

Jarrett Horst, OT - Arkansas State

Brandon Baldwin, OT - Independence Community College

Defense:

Drew Jordan, DE- Duke

Quavaris Crouch, LB - Tennessee

Ben VanSumeren, LB - Michigan

Itayvion Brown, LB - Minnesota

Samih Beydoun, LB - Army

Ronald Williams, CB - Alabama

Chester Kimbrough, CB - Florida

Kendell Brooks, CB - North Greenville

Marqui Lowery Jr., CB - Louisville

Khary Crump, CB - Arizona

Spencer Rowland, CB - Wheaton College

Special Teams:

Cory Waddell, Punter - Texas Tech

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Days Won:  10

Per 247, Hansford transferring here is a done deal.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure how many years of eligibility he has left....

2020 (Junior): Saw action in five games and totaled three tackles after being limited by preseason injury … recorded tackles against South Carolina (11/21), Vanderbilt (11/28) and No. 12/10 Georgia (12/12) … had a PBU, the first of his career, against No. 12/10 Georgia (12/12).

2019 (Sophomore): Played in 11 games while earning three starts at one of the two end positions … made 16 tackles - 11 solo - with 3.0 tackles for loss … added three quarterback pressures and a fumble recovery … posted a career-best three tackles in three different games – vs. South Carolina (9/21), Troy (10/5) and at Kentucky (10/26) … first tackle for loss vs. an FBS team came during the week-two matchup with West Virginia (9/7) … had a tackle for loss against Southeast Missouri (9/14) and against Troy (10/5).

2018 (Freshman): Played in eight games as a true freshman, earning snaps after impressing Tiger coaches during fall camp with his physical abilities off the edge ... made one tackle on the year, which went for a three-yard loss in his first game during the season opener against UT-Martin (9/1).

High School: Three-star prospect according to Rivals.com … played both linebacker and strong safety at Mary Persons High School … exploded onto the national recruiting scene as a senior, making 107 tackles (57 solo) with 17.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks … as a junior, he made 52 tackles with 5.0 tackles for loss … also had two interceptions during his high school career … Scout.com tabbed him as a top performer at linebacker at the 2017 Georgia Showcase.

Personal: Majoring in general studies.

Hansford_Jatorian_Headshots_FB_2021_217.

Jatorian Hansford (28) Outside Linebacker - 2020 (Junior): Saw action in five games and totaled three

Edited by bullstampede9922
added link to stats page