• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bob Shoop hired as DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Sims did a great job in his one game but he is not an experienced DC. We have enough rookie coaching mistakes on the offensive side of the ball. Anyone who called anything other than 3-3-5 normal with no stunts or blitzes would have had a better result than Spencer.  Sims did a great job and I hope we keep him on but we need coaching which matches the scheme with guys we have to overcome where we are lacking. That is best found with experience and knowledge of the game. It's a tough task when you are smaller and less physical than other teams but hopefully he can use our speed and aggression to make up for what we lack in size. I'm excited to see what he can do.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am quiet sure that CJS is not letting Sims leave anywhere. 

WAIT !! Coach stay don't go....How about some $$$

begging.jpg

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Bullsfanfromday1 said:

Anyone who called anything other than 3-3-5 normal with no stunts or blitzes would have had a better result than Spencer. 

This has been my intuition as well all year.  So here's hoping!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, BulledOver said:

WAIT !! Coach stay don't go....How about some $$$

begging.jpg

And you can bet he will find the $.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

17 minutes ago, Bullsfanfromday1 said:

Sims did a great job in his one game but he is not an experienced DC. We have enough rookie coaching mistakes on the offensive side of the ball. Anyone who called anything other than 3-3-5 normal with no stunts or blitzes would have had a better result than Spencer.  Sims did a great job and I hope we keep him on but we need coaching which matches the scheme with guys we have to overcome where we are lacking. That is best found with experience and knowledge of the game. It's a tough task when you are smaller and less physical than other teams but hopefully he can use our speed and aggression to make up for what we lack in size. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Welcome to the Board. What took you so long to join us? 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bullsfanfromday1 said:

I agree. I think his experience can only help Sims get better by the time his next opportunity comes. I also like the rest of our defensive staff. Barlow, Bowers, Sims and De Prato need to stay. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

On another note, SHAUN KING NEEDS TO BE OUR OC!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Yeah except we shouldn't overlook two of his bosses getting fired while he was the DC. Let's say the defense sucks again next year and Scott gets fired, that would still be on Shoop.

In fact, the fact that two of his most recent HCs got fired while he was DC is a major red flag. Let's hope CJS isn't the third.

Is this guy seriously the best CJS could do? Guy can't stay coaching anywhere for more than a couple of years, average recruiter, and has a track record of being DC when his HC is fired. Why not give an up-and-comer defensive position coach who can recruiter a shot at DC rather than a guy with a terrible track record?

Were the defenses he took over worse when he got there, or did they improve?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We got a coordinator that’s barely out of puberty and another that qualifies for a 55+ community.

I hope CJS has got this all figured out

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

On another note, SHAUN KING NEEDS TO BE OUR OC!

I wouldn’t go OC, but would love to see him at QB coach.