• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any movement for new IPF ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The sides of that facility are a giant canvas. Hope they eventually do something really interesting with it.

Perhaps... but nothing in the rendering from the link posted by @bull2bull

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Unless they value engineered it out of the final design the translucent panels will be Kalwall or a comparable product.

Kalwall Corporation manufactures & distributes energy efficient...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, TBBull717 said:

Unless they value engineered it out of the final design the translucent panels will be Kalwall or a comparable product.

Kalwall Corporation manufactures & distributes energy efficient...

100% made in the USA.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

On 6/6/2022 at 8:27 PM, DELdaBull said:

Was this lump sum? Not to exceed? Reimbursable?  Makes a big difference to the GC

I don't think the type of contract matters, whether it be lump sum, GMP, or cost plus. Even if there are cost savings that benefit the GC for early completion, there would surely be a liquidated damages clause for late completion. The GC would know when we need it ready by at bid time and they made a commitment that they could get it done in that timeframe at the cost they bid out. If there's excusable delays for weather events, sure that could extend the schedule also.

Edited by usfsig

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168

47 minutes ago, usfsig said:

I don't think the type of contract matters, whether it be lump sum, GMP, or cost plus. Even if there are cost savings that benefit the GC for early completion, there would surely be a liquidated damages clause for late completion. The GC would know when we need it ready by at bid time and they made a commitment that they could get it done in that timeframe at the cost they bid out. If there's excusable delays for weather events, sure that could extend the schedule also.

I would be shocked if they did not have an inflation clause for material price increases. 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, usfsig said:

I believe it was a guaranteed not to exceed.

29 minutes ago, keith S said:

I would be shocked if they did not have an inflation clause for material price increases. 

The GC would have subbed the work out, so would only be charged per the individual subcontract. Usually, GCs purchase very little material.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

14 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

The GC would have subbed the work out, so would only be charged per the individual subcontract. Usually, GCs purchase very little material.

Correct. Their MEP subs would be the ones providing the material in their respective contracts. You'd also be surprised how many subcontracts don't have escalation language in them.

10 minutes ago, usfsig said:

Correct. Their MEP subs would be the ones providing the material in their respective contracts. You'd also be surprised how many subcontracts don't have escalation language in them.

Hopefully, the subs locked material prices via PO when they got the bid from the GC.  If so, they are in good shape.

20 hours ago, mattegunz said:

Anyone know if the topmost panels (yellow on this image below-some installed, some to be installed) are a translucent material?

1.thumb.JPG.f8725b9e97cdab488097b8b410de76b3.JPG

You can see a bit from the short video below that it might be a bit.  The corner seems more so.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

21 hours ago, Brad said:

Hello @mattegunz, I think I last saw you at Alabama.  Hope you've been doing well, I get occasional updates form the @The Sheriff.  Sounds like it!  Good to see you on the board.

As always thanks for creating this forum so many moons ago. I still remember the day your dad informed me of the board at the Marshall Center some 20 yrs ago now. Was like giving crack to a kid hahaha

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1