• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any movement for new IPF ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's obviously what they were told by the builder. It's a good life lesson for the players, things don't always go as planned.

..... and if the players are feeling a little down about having to wait just an extra couple of months for a nice ipf, someone should tell them the tale of the trailers and practicing by car headlights.

The only players who would have been promised anything with the IPF would be guys who came in last year.  I think 2 extra months would be expected with a large project like this.  On the flip side, they are awarding a stadium build in less than 20 days.  This admin is not getting nearly enough credit for what they have pulled off in the past two years, sure the previous people have set us back but we are on the verge of a $350Mish investment into the program.  This is some miracle level progress being made, and this staff deserves all the credit in the world.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I can't see the field from where I am at. Today should be a walk through with meeting and then they lift/run.

Their practices this summer are scheduled to be in the morning, like last year and prior years.

So you're saying we don't need an IPF?  I kid, I kid.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Sounds like it'll just be an evening walk through? I suppose weather should be fine by then. If the actual camp days aren't in the morning when the weather is consistently clear and we end up having afternoon practices canceled that's on Scott and not an excuse.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

53 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If the actual camp days aren't in the morning when the weather is consistently clear and we end up having afternoon practices canceled that's on Scott and not an excuse.

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Their practices this summer are scheduled to be in the morning, like last year and prior years.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

Scott at his opening press conference just said he hopes they are able to use the IPF "sometime this fall" and mentioned the bye week (October 22nd) as a time they will probably get in to use it.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

So, the camera thing...can we confirm that it has been shut off because of practice at the request of the coaches?? Or is it just broken?  Or do they just think that the outside construction is so close to "done" that there is no reason to keep it on?  Is it because we are now at the originally scheduled completion date?  All of the above?

BTW:  I don't know what an observer could get by watching a snapshot at a 10 minute frequency of practice--I guess they could get lucky and catch a shot of how we were lining up on the line of scrimmage.  Either way, I'm sure many fans, press people and bullspenners would be calling out CJS for leaving the camera functional during practice regardless, so I was CJS, I'd demand it was turned off for the hours that we were holding practices.  I completely understand that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

spacer.png

Taken recently by 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732

I drove by yesterday. It still has a bit of a construction zone vibe but looks like it will be very, very nice. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

On 8/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, CousinRicky said:

And once they started there did not seem to be any serious delays in progress.  So while I know the supply chain issues are real (have been told I'd wait a year for a car if I ordered it now) that does not seem to be the issue here. Progress has been steady once the process started.

how could we gauge how steady progress has been vs how it was supposed to progress to meet the original deadline?  a project of this scale would have a very complex schedule that would be part of the contract documents, no one just commits to a date without a ton of asterisks, and a contractor who has been in business a while is a master at documenting every delay religiously. there are many different trades working, some independent and some not.  "progress" could be made in some areas while a different path is being pushed back a couple weeks and we wouldnt know.  a partial delivery of some material could cause a sub to justifiably only put half the workforce on this project, that's still "progress" but off schedule.  not to mention external delays ( cant get such and such inspection because some office has Covid going around, etc)

the project may have never sat with nothing done for 2 months at a time but multiple 1-2 week delays on certain paths would be impossible for us to see and still end up as months on the final product.