• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portal thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I thought he was referring to spencer. Spencer played the 3-3-5 , which is why we couldnt stop the run or a pass or  without a pass rush. Strong/ Taggarys Dc played the 4 2/5 . I prefer the 4-3-4 or 4-2-5 with the hybrid stringer anyday over the 3 3 5.

Absolutely...I am not a fan of the 3-3-5. Now if done right, there can be success with it (See WVU during the RichRod years).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,371
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Absolutely...I am not a fan of the 3-3-5. Now if done right, there can be success with it (See WVU during the RichRod years).

I agree you have to have 3 BIG and talented DL to clog the gaps and create some pressure,3 good LBS that can rush the passer and stop the run, and 5 good DBS. I think I figured out why it didnt work and when we switched to the  4 3 4 or  4/2/5 for one game we looked 100% improved. WE didn't have the DL or LB to run it to begin with .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Ok while not alot of receptions a 75 and 76 yard catch in 2 years is impressive for such few receptions....guy can really stretch the field. 

Looks like a great addition.

Yeah, this wasn’t a dig. I was impressed by his output for such limited plays. He looks tall and athletic from his TD video I saw at NC.

Edited by USF968

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I agree you have to have 3 BIG and talented DL to clog the gaps and create some pressure,3 good LBS that can rush the passer and stop the run, and 5 good DBS. I think I figured out why it didnt work and when we switched to the  4 3 4 or  4/2/5 for one game we looked 100% improved. WE didn't have the DL or LB to run it to begin with .

Yes. I think more of an issue with DL than anything. When they switched the scheme for UCF and the LB's blitzed a lot more, the Defense looked worlds better.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Agree...the personal doesnt match well with a 3-3-5 unless you have some studs on the DL which we dont.

And when you dont get pressure with 3 it gives secondary alot of time to cover which even the best cant do after awhile. It's the worst defense to run with this team.

How is it people online can figure this out and a DC cant while getting paid big money. Its ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Given time that shouldn’t be a problem.

With our offensive line time becomes an issue.  😁

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

36 minutes ago, USF968 said:

Yeah, this wasn’t a dig. I was impressed by his output for such limited plays. He looks tall and athletic from his TD video I saw at NC.

If we can start getting safeties to bite that hard on a play action fake we will be in good shape. He really didn't have to do much after shaking the first defender. 

5 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Agree...the personal doesnt match well with a 3-3-5 unless you have some studs on the DL which we dont.

And when you dont get pressure with 3 it gives secondary alot of time to cover which even the best cant do after awhile. It's the worst defense to run with this team.

How is it people online can figure this out and a DC cant while getting paid big money. Its ridiculous. 

How was the head coach not able to see this for 1.9 seasons?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Showing some recruits around tonight 

• Go Bulls! 2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Showing some recruits around tonight 

SOunds too good to be true. We need all the help we can get at DL, LB,DB, and OL .

• Upvote 1