• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

47 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

At least Brad Scott is happy, perfect ending to the season.  Timmy is a gamer, we may be ok. 

gamer?  his team has no confidence in him. he looked scared at key moments and  mad some of the dumbest mistakes i saw

i hope there is a real competition at qb next year

45 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

The full culmination of bad coaching throughout the game, the season, the 2 years....Scott must clean house or maybe the fact that he let the incompetence continue for 2 years is a reflection on him. He has to get his staffing fixed and correct for next year or I will be ready for bigger changes. High school coaches can manage the game better than this staff has shown. Call a f****** play and give the players a chance to get set and snap the ball before there are 5 secs left on the play clock. It has been a recurring theme.

the qb runs backwards through out the game

he takes bad sacks at critical times during the game

how is that the coaches fault?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

30 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

And then look back to a few plays earlier where there was a defensive offside and Timmy ran around forever wasting the clock and  ended up throwing it away.  The coaches are definitely not communicating to the qb what needs to be done. I

I'm sure baseball coaches tell the shortstop to let a ball go through their legs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Timmy is a winner, talented and will be a stud.

Not so sure. There is a reason we have 2 QBs coming in. He is not good. Look at stats vs other freshman QBs. I get our OL and team sucks but man. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, smazza said:

True this is the stuff they need to maybe figure out some drills.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Not so sure. There is a reason we have 2 QBs coming in. He is not good. Look at stats vs other freshman QBs. I get our OL and team sucks but man. 

We should be bringing in 2 QB’s every recruiting year. With the portal, kids are always gonna transfer out. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Our men’s bb team is ass, women’s team is strong but boring.

The men's team is young and won't win every game this year. I get it that some think women's basketball is boring. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Well that one was very upsetting.  I can't believe they took the lead in the series after all this time.  We have to hope we can tie it up next year before they bail.  If we even get one more game?  I don't know it works.  It's been a wild ride this year and at least it was exciting again.  I must say that I don't know how close we are to turning the corner though.  I was convinced we were on the cusp, but not so sure now.  The smazza timeline may be in effect (2+ years).

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, smazza said:

gamer?  his team has no confidence in him. he looked scared at key moments and  mad some of the dumbest mistakes i saw

i hope there is a real competition at qb next year

He made a bunch of bad decisions however he found a way to will the team down the field at the end, he has a lot to learn but I am confident he is the guy, he is coachable and will find a way to win, he may not be our goat but he will be plenty good enough.    I know it is shocking but I disagree vehemently with you, you wouldn’t know a football if it hit you upside the head.  

8 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

The men's team is young and won't win every game this year. I get it that some think women's basketball is boring. 

Every game, thank god we have the HBCU’s or we may go winless 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

We heard you many times before, beginning a long time ago.  Thanks.

Still love you Brad, but the truth has to be said. CJS has been a failure and is bowl or bussed out of town. The defense played better but the Baby Weiss OC and  co/oc offensive genius from Clemson really have not made a potent offense.  The game was better than I expected but the end result was another loss to Ucf and to a FBS program. I mean we improved by 1 win and if he can't take us to a bowl game next year and be competitive in every game, the AD needs to move on from him. There needs to be real improvement other than the "culture" . The culture is to expect a loss against a FBS program. I think we need to get some experienced coaches on the team and get a real advisor/mentor to CJs instead of Daddy.

Pros-

Weaver

The Defense looked better rushing the passer

Mangham played good but I think he is gone 

Cons-

McClain did not play great the last two games

The offense needs work

The defense and offense need lots of talent to be developed from within because the recruiting class isn't near the top of the AAC.

CJS can't sneak out a win.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Enjoyed the hell out of being at my first live Bulls game in 2 years…gotta say the atmosphere was very good and even if the football play wasn’t good the game was really entertaining.  Wished the end result was different but I saw a lot of good things too.  Go Bulls!!!  Time to soak away my tears in scotch in an Oviedo hotel room…

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 2