• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. UCF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

GameDay.jpg

UCF_I (2).jpg vs.South_Florida_T.gif

November 26, 2021     3:30 p.m.

UCF Facility          Orlando, FL

This will serve as our official  in game thread for in game discussions and commentary.  Stand alone topics should still be posted in a new thread.

Chat room function is currently out of order.  The board functions work well on mobile phone, tablet or desktop. 

GAME DAY vs. UCF

USF will travel to Orlando for the final game of the 2021 season as the Bulls look to end a four-game losing string in the War on I-4, an eight game road conference losing skid and an 11-game road losing streak dating to an Oct. 26, 2019 win at ECU. The Bulls are 3-3 all-time at UCF, but have lost in their last two trips, including an epic 49-42 loss in 2017 with both teams ranked in the Top 25 that stood as one of the best games in college football that season.

PREPARE FOR FIREWORKS: UCF came away with a 58-46 victory last season in Tampa as the teams combined for 104 points and 1,223 yards, with USF posting a season-best 646 yards, the sixth-best total in program history. The teams have combined for 79 or more points (with both teams scoring 30+) in three of the last five meetings, with at least one team scoring 34 or more points in each of the last six.

DEFENSIVE CHANGES: USF parted ways with defensive coordinator/safeties coach Glenn Spencer on Monday. Bulls linebackers coach Ernie Sims, a former Florida State All-American linebacker, and special teams coordinator Daniel Da Prato will split duties leading the Bulls’ defense in the final game of 2021.

SEEKING OFFENSIVE CONSISTENCY: The Bulls posted a season-best 42 points vs. No. 20 Houston and then scored 28 (21 in the second half) vs. No. 2 Cincinnati, the most given up on the year by a Bearcat defense that entered the game ranked No. 3 nationally in scoring defense giving up just 14.9 ppg. However, USF followed those performances up with 14 points and 297 yards in a loss at Tulane. USF entered the Tulane game averaging 31 ppg in starts with Timmy McClain under center and 34 ppg since the bye week.

SERIES: Tied, 6-6
IN TAMPA: Tied, 3-3
IN ORLANDO: Tied, 3-3, last UCF won 34-7 in ‘19
LAST: UCF won, 58-46, in Tampa in 2020
STREAK: UCF has won four straight meetings
STREAK: Lost 8 straight road conference games

TV:  ESPN: Roy Philpott (p-by-p), Kelly Stouffer (analyst) & Lauren Sisler (sideline)
RADIO: 95.3 FM WDAE
AUDIO STREAM: iHeartRadio - Bulls Unlimited 1

USF RADIO NETWORK
FLAGSHIP: 95.3 FM/620 AM WDAE (TAMPA) IHEART RADIO (DIGITAL) - BULLS UNLIMITED Jim Louk, play-by-play Sam Barrington, analyst Joey Johnston, sideline
PREGAME SHOW (2 HRS PRIOR TO KICK): Jim Lighthall, Jay Recher & Darek Sharp
USF FOOTBALL RADIO SHOW: Mondays, 6-7 p.m. on 95.3 WDAE and Bulls Unlimited

TheBullsPen.com: Major In Game Twitter Feeds   Football Page

Bulls on Social Media
Twitter: @USFFOOTBALL, @Coach_JeffScott
Instagram: USFFOOTBALL
Facebook: facebook.com/SouthFloridaFootball
Hashtags: #GoBulls; #HornsUp; #US2F

Game Day fans gallery: n/a

Prediction contest: HERE

Bulls official site:  https://gousfbulls.com/sports/football

UCF official site: https://ucfknights.com/sports/football

Live Stats

South Florida Game Notes - South Florida Depth Chart - South Florida Stats

UCF Game Notes  - UCF Depth Chart - UCF Stats

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

It's unfortunate that Cincinnati is on ABC at the same time so very little eyeballs on this game except for the faithful from both ends of I-4. 

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

It's unfortunate that Cincinnati is on ABC at the same time so very little eyeballs on this game except for the faithful from both ends of I-4. 

GO BULLS!

I'll watch Cinci live, record ours and try to not ruin my day.  Picking up the grandkids at 4:30 so wouldn't be able to watch much anyway.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

57 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

GO BULLS!

Terrible planning by espn…will watch our game and that one at the same time. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Terrible planning by espn…will watch our game and that one at the same time. 

Why does anyone care about Cincy?  They will probably roll ECU and they are moving on, really couldn’t give less a **** about them if I tried. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why does anyone care about Cincy?  They will probably roll ECU and they are moving on, really couldn’t give less a **** about them if I tried. 

It’s CFB, I don’t miss anything…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Just saying that the average day-after-Thanksgiving TV watching crowd looks at the guide to see what's on and chooses to watch the #4 team in the country play.  They've never heard of the American conference or USF or ECU, maybe UCF is in the far reaches of their minds.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, 79 Bull said:

Just saying that the average day-after-Thanksgiving TV watching crowd looks at the guide to see what's on and chooses to watch the #4 team in the country play.  They've never heard of the American conference or USF or ECU, maybe UCF is in the far reaches of their minds.

GO BULLS!

I agree with you on that, was asking why NEB would care, I agree the casual fan would watch that one over our game.  Why would a USF fan be so vested in their play when we are playing at the same time. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

I agree with you on that, was asking why NEB would care, I agree the casual fan would watch that one over our game.  Why would a USF fan be so vested in their play when we are playing at the same time. 

It’s the first time a G5 team has a real ****…anyone who cares anything about CFB will have an interest.