• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott at 8/1 to be fired

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, widerberg said:

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

I was on Team Keep CJS because I think USF needs stability. Now? I mean, can it get worse? If we go winless next year, does that even count as worse? How garbage is garbage before you don't even measure its level of garbage anymore? If we fire CJS and get someone else, I guess there's at least a chance of hitting the lottery and getting someone better/effective. I don't know. My heart says keep CJS, my brain says "why are you even watching anymore?" (and I didn't even get to watch the game).

My feelings exactly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

2 recruiting classes and 20 games in and are we honestly in better position than when he arrived? Pretty sure the only teams we might be favored against are either in the FCS or New England. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, widerberg said:

Yeah, I might be leaning in Puc's direction. I'm still scratching my head at what happened. On paper, our record, we suck. But, I really thought I was seeing tangible improvement, more energy and fire from the team, momentum building, etc. Then dropping the game to Tulane, with a score like that? Wow. I just have no idea how CJS could/would pull this program out of its nosedive anymore. Yeah, new recruits and transfers next year, Covid did us dirty and we lost practice and recruiting time last year and this year. All of that. But it seems like something else is fundamentally wrong. There's got to be some talent on this team right now. Enough talent to have put away this Tulane team.

Also, spoiler: There's literally no way in the world we beat UCF next Friday. Short week, Thanksgiving in there, after this game today? Not. A. Single. Chance. So, I hope coach or MK or somebody works some magic in the offseason. This is bad.

But the culture improved so much that he accept 1 fbs win in two years and getting put away by a TULANE.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s amazing that people find it laughable that the person with the worst and second worst seasons in USF history could conceivably be on the hot seat and that people actually think the people that think we should have even the smallest sliver of expectations are the unreasonable ones. So I’m going to spell it out for you with pictures so even the most dense among us can try to follow along. The issue is not that we are a joke of a failing athletic department because that’s  what you should expect from someone that looks like this. And since he is the vacuous ad that he is he is worried strictly about optics and saying and doing the “right” thing which is way more important than actually winning a game.D2RJvofO_400x400.jpg.26e29a042ad6ce279ad288189ae21f96.jpg

and if there is anything a person like this would care about it’s that the optics of firing someone that looks like this for failure 

A1YWFzfNs1L.jpg.e3769184d0f9a9c2ab499b849ad4c290.jpg

while hiring someone that looks like this and fails at an exponential rate more than anyone has ever dreamed of 

50D16D3D-553E-4BCC-B723-F91CEF39E087.jpeg.1f25f7911d2901b46108a5c286750b81.jpeg

while not caring about failure any more is a bad look that isn’t going to look good on his cv or be easily explained in his circles or in other interviews. Jeff Scott is a horrible mistake that is going to cost VP Mike Failure quite dearly in life, which is why every single hot seat indicator has Jeff Garbage at the top of a list for the first time in his life. How much VPMK would like to have his mistake destroy his career is entirely up to him but at least fairly earned.

Jeff Scott has won a single FBS game in two years. At the end of his second year he just got blown out by Tulane. There is no improvement and not a single thing has been made better in two years. Most people are going to look at that and see a problem and you can’t expect them to recognize just how much we have given up and winning is seen as impossible event that could never be considered a basic job requirement.

Huh?   This started out as the most bizarre post ever, but then you started to make sense at the end.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

But the culture improved so much that he accept 1 fbs win in two years and getting put away by a TULANE.

Watch it, mods are tired of the culture joke but I still think it has a few miles left.  I think the only success CJS has had in Tampa is nailing the women’s soccer coach.  

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, hightechbull said:

Huh?   This started out as the most bizarre post ever, but then you started to make sense at the end.

PUC is rather loquacious especially after imbibing in his favorite cocktails.  He normally makes a good point once you wade through the multiple levels of bloviating babble.   

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Is there a logical argument to keeping Scott? 

• Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yep, that would be the recipe that many schools with young programs have subscribed to.    Of course, after watching whatever that display was today vs Tulane?? I'm pretty much for disbanding the entire thing. Pathetic

Yeah, I am at a loss for words too. Today, was simply embarrassing. This type of performance just can’t happen. I’m not too far off from you right, as sad as it is. 

• Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Is there a logical argument to keeping Scott? 

$$$

Someone thought it was a good idea to offer a 5yr contract to a coach with no experience at the HC level...

Edited by Sk00b