• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott at 8/1 to be fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I’ve said it for 6 years. We lack the solid foundation for any coach to be successful. While not nearly as dire as FIU, administration has basically pumped money into other sports and into the wrong parts of the football program.

It’s 2021 and we lack an indoor practice facility (I know, it going up…4 years after they finally pitched it). The program has no identity. What I mean by that is they have never embraced building a donor base. They just run a skeleton crew of people who call around and beg for money. The idea of having an online GoFundMe type fundraiser for a football facility at a school that wants to be a major player is unfathomable. The fact that they let it run for 4 years even more. (That isn’t to say other schools don’t do that, but look at the ones who do)

You could hire Nick Saban and he would struggle to attract talent and win games.

We ignored football and when we were in a spot to capture that magic (16-17) we didn’t run with it.

Now we have trustees running a stadium out to hope there Big12 will notice us. It’s too late. It’s over.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, michibull said:

Yeah, I am at a loss for words too. Today, was simply embarrassing. This type of performance just can’t happen. I’m not too far off from you right, as sad as it is. 

Only one good thing about the past 5-6 year dumpster fire for USF fans...Possibly we are serving some of our hell on earth so later we get credit for time served..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

We ignored football and when we were in a spot to capture that magic (16-17) we didn’t run with it.

It's also worth noting that football is everything in Florida.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

I’ve said it for 6 years. We lack the solid foundation for any coach to be successful. While not nearly as dire as FIU, administration has basically pumped money into other sports and into the wrong parts of the football program.

It’s 2021 and we lack an indoor practice facility (I know, it going up…4 years after they finally pitched it). The program has no identity. What I mean by that is they have never embraced building a donor base. They just run a skeleton crew of people who call around and beg for money. The idea of having an online GoFundMe type fundraiser for a football facility at a school that wants to be a major player is unfathomable. The fact that they let it run for 4 years even more. (That isn’t to say other schools don’t do that, but look at the ones who do)

You could hire Nick Saban and he would struggle to attract talent and win games.

Now we have trustees running a stadium out to hope there Big12 will notice us. It’s too late. It’s over.

Nailed it!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

Good lord it’s not OVER…I swear some of you on this board are a piece of work…

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good lord it’s not OVER…I swear some of you on this board are a piece of work…

I work in Division 1 athletics. Yes that’s an exaggeration. It’s over because now the we’re panicking and going to throw ungodly amounts of money at the program with zero plan. It’s a ******* mess.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

I work in Division 1 athletics. Yes that’s an exaggeration. It’s over because now the we’re panicking and going to throw ungodly amounts of money at the program with zero plan. It’s a ******* mess.

Now that is a fair point. There needs to be a detailed plan into how the money will be spent and how it applies to "football" success and this needs to coupled with a strategy relative to the "potential" of conference realignment. I would hope that a NEW detailed 3 year and 5 year plan has been created or will be created that is focused on football as it the sport that lifts all. I understand Title 9, but I am still baffled with spending $ on a new women's sport when this has not been an issue in the past. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

I still don't think we can afford (monitarily & for sake of continuity) to fire CJS this year.  As aggravating as yesterday was, he will be back.  Now if we are having this conversation next year it may be time to clean house. 

Still don't agree with a 5yr contract but maybe thats the norm across CFB. 

I know we can’t fire him but it feels like we are married to a worthless ***** and know we will have to divorce her eventually but can’t do it now and are simply delaying the inevitable.  I say we give Howdy Doody another year however hold no hope he can turn it around.  The guy is straight trash and to think otherwise is foolish.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now that is a fair point. There needs to be a detailed plan into how the money will be spent and how it applies to "football" success and this needs to coupled with a strategy relative to the "potential" of conference realignment. I would hope that a NEW detailed 3 year and 5 year plan has been created or will be created that is focused on football as it the sport that lifts all. I understand Title 9, but I am still baffled with spending $ on a new women's sport when this has not been an issue in the past. 

Yep, it's time for Athletics to form a plan on USF Footballs 25th anniversary-good time to start. 

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Yep, it's time for Athletics to form a plan on USF Footballs 25th anniversary-good time to start. 

I suspect it has been done but regardless crying about it if has not been done does no good…time to move forward and create an effective strategic plan. 

• Crying 1