Jeff Scott at 8/1 to be fired

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,658
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What am I missing that people think we are going to turn a corner and he is all the sudden going to take us bowling and winning big games?

Hope.

He's our only option right now so we might as well be hopeful. Sure beats being a debbie downer. Only time for that is during and immediately after we get destroyed. Then its back to hope. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,755
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Hope.

He's our only option right now so we might as well be hopeful. Sure beats being a debbie downer. Only time for that is during and immediately after we get destroyed. Then its back to hope. 

Evidence and facts trump hope every, single, time. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,458

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Well he is achieving his goal of being a top 25 in building culture while winning 1 fbs game in two years.  We have a culture of losing . We need to look at the problems lack of  financial support from admin, lack of recruiting, lack of player development, lack of schemes being ran to support the players we have, and bad coaching calls costing us games. Only one of the problems isn't his fault and MKS and CJs seem to be working towards improving that. He is 1/5 in improving usf football in  my book and is 1-17 against FBS teams. I just don't see how any one thinks he building something great here. The players gave up on the coaches against Tulane. They got outplayed and out coached. What am I missing that people think we are going to turn a corner and he is all the sudden going to take us bowling and winning big games?

It could happen.

See: Willie Taggart

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,755

Jeff Scott a candidate for UF? 🤣🤣🤣 just kidding, I am sure UF hires Leavitt since he is such a great coach. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

"I know we are not completely out of the woods yet, but we feel like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel"

Jeff Scott  

I hope CJS wasn't in a Train Tunnel when he said this....that light could be a real b****

KIDDIN-You hope our boy gets this ship upright and gets us into smooth waters...

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

EVERYONE knew this team didn’t have the talent to compete at any level . ANYONE with a 1/2 ounce of common sense knew it was a total rebuild. From coaching on down to the water boy. 
Offense and special teams have improved. Spencer was an obvious mistake, now we know. 
This coming 3rd year will tell us if CJS is any good. So far we are improving. Slower than we hoped, but improving.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,658

48 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

EVERYONE knew this team didn’t have the talent to compete at any level . ANYONE with a 1/2 ounce of common sense knew it was a total rebuild. From coaching on down to the water boy. 
Offense and special teams have improved. Spencer was an obvious mistake, now we know. 
This coming 3rd year will tell us if CJS is any good. So far we are improving. Slower than we hoped, but improving.

One game at a time (or year).

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

So, I may as well throw in my two cents, everyone else is. You know what the main difference between USF Football and almost all the other sports in our department? Lack of continuity at the HC position, which seems to me, is directly related to success. 

Jose Fernandez - 20 years - His first three seasons - 25-57
Denise Schulte-Brown - 16 year - Her first two seasons - 14-20-4
Ken Eriksen has retired obvs. but he coached that softball team for 22 years
Billy Mohl is coming up on his 8th season with the baseball team, 5th as HC

All of the above have had success in their programs because there was stability. Stability breeds success not the other way around.

Scott, 2 whole seasons in and you guys want him fired. It's BS, I don't care who you bring in to coach, when you are starting from zero, in football, there is low probability you are going to have success in 2 years, especially when there was nothing there to start with. McClain is a effin Freshman and he is no *enter Heisman QB name here* but he has a **** ton of potential, for God's sake, give him some continuity and maybe he will be our next Matt Grothe. I say, not only keep Scott, give him a contract extension, show the team that the the administration is stabilizing the situation. IMO, I think a stable strong athletics department grounded in a foundation of a strong football program is as important to a "P5" conference (which, if it wasn't for the $ I'd say we stay where we are at, eff the P5) as an OCS.  
That Tulane game was bad, real bad, but if you take that out of the picture and look at the season as a whole, unless of course you've jumped ship and haven't really watched the games which seems to be sort of a common thread on this "fan" board, this team is better, and getting better each week (mostly). I expect to see a huge bounce back tomorrow and sure, we might still lose but there is something jelling here and I hope Scott is given the chance to finalize the product. 

Probably more like 4 cents but whatevs. 

Agree with almost everything ↑↑↑ except 1. Ken Eriksen has not retired. 2. I don't think ANY coach should get an extension until the final year of his/her current contract. Now, I'm not saying no to not having conversations about the extension/renewal of contracts, just let it be known what is expected to get that extension. 2¢

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

27 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Agree with almost everything ↑↑↑ except 1. Ken Eriksen has not retired. 2. I don't think ANY coach should get an extension until the final year of his/her current contract. Now, I'm not saying no to not having conversations about the extension/renewal of contracts, just let it be known what is expected to get that extension. 2¢

Absolutely correct, sorry about the error re: Ken Ericksen, I read the info wrong.