• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Freakin White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/31/2021 at 5:53 PM, dausfbulls11 said:

My only memory of Mike White is him beating us in the Miami Bowl with freaking WKU, another step in our downward spiral….good luck to him but not a Bull in my mind

Well....he didnt play in that game as that was his transfer year not playing. The QB that destroyed us was Brandon Doughty. He was 32 of 44 for 461 yds 3 tds 2 ints.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:33 PM, The Sheriff said:

BJ was the first QB that I felt would rise to the occasion against the big name programs and put the team on his back. Our talent was severely lacking, so it was literally the BJ Daniels show or nothing. 

I can agree with most of what you said, but I felt that Grothe was a much better QB than BJ. Grothe was our QB when we beat WVU, Auburn, ECU for first bowl win, Kansas (when they were good) and we were really up and coming with him. BJ beat FSU; which was more about the defense shutting them down and ND, to which he was only 18/30; 128yds and 1 TD, again more about the defense. Don’t get me wrong, BJ was a good QB; but Grothe came up bigger more often. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, MikeG said:

as with his time here at USF, the fans have zero respect for Mike White even after he plays great and gives the school incredible press acknowledgement (deserved/correct or not)

If feel the need to argue over who is the best QB in USF history-- pull up the numerous threads that already exist and stop hijacking the **** out of this one.

Well dude doesn't want to be associated at all with USF. He tries as hard a possible to distance himself from anything related to his time here or the school. Guy wants to be remembered as a Hilltopper never a Bull. Are we supposed to idolize him for it?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Well dude doesn't want to be associated at all with USF. He tries as hard a possible to distance himself from anything related to his time here or the school. Guy wants to be remembered as a Hilltopper never a Bull. Are we supposed to idolize him for it?

Why is this even a thread????

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Thought it was this White . . . guy :) 

Tater Salad,' you say: Comedian Ron White comes to Bemidji on Dec. 1 |  Bemidji Pioneer

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, MikeG said:

simply want others to stop acting like he was some former player we are ashamed of in general.

Epitome of a straw man argument, nobody is ashamed of a former player that is in the NFL, heck I still respect the late Kenyatta jones that was a practice squad player and was arrested numerous times, he even played hoops for us.  We are simply stating he is a WKU alum and his ties to USF were forgettable and irrelevant.  He was a good dude, he was simply here at the wrong time, the Power O was garbage and nobody could have won here with that scheme. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why is this even a thread????

I am guessing it's because he used to play here.  He threw a really nice ball and we thought he was the savior of USF.  Then he got murdered in the pocket over and over.  He transferred away and is now starting in the NFL.  So it's like a what could have been thing or hey I know that guy.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/4/2021 at 6:16 PM, Friscobull said:

Epitome of a straw man argument, nobody is ashamed of a former player that is in the NFL, heck I still respect the late Kenyatta jones that was a practice squad player and was arrested numerous times, he even played hoops for us.  We are simply stating he is a WKU alum and his ties to USF were forgettable and irrelevant.  He was a good dude, he was simply here at the wrong time, the Power O was garbage and nobody could have won here with that scheme. 

KJ was a starter in the NFL... calling him a practice player is misleading. He started for both the Patriots and the Redskins. Scott McCready on the other hand was a practice player with the Patriots that won a Super Bowl ring. RIP KJ - miss you buddy.

• Upvote 2