• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,534
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

After my first hip operation I decided to read War and Peace. Think I didn't finish it until I was done with the second hip operation 4 years later. Didn't really take me that long but it was a process. Fell asleep many times trying to get through it.

Was it the book or the pain meds that put you to sleep?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Was it the book or the pain meds that put you to sleep?

Yes.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

After my first hip operation I decided to read War and Peace. Think I didn't finish it until I was done with the second hip operation 4 years later. Didn't really take me that long but it was a process. Fell asleep many times trying to get through it.

Its a great book and read it back in the day for a Russian literature course, but it is just so overly long.  For those who love literature it should be on ones bucket list though. Personally lately I have been more obsessed with gaming, but am trying to still to commit to about 20 pages a day when it comes to reading literature ( non manga since I read tons of that). Been focused more on Irish literature lately though since I have June trip to Dublin and want to get through all of the James Joyce books.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,443
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Its a great book and read it back in the day for a Russian literature course, but it is just so overly long.  For those who love literature it should be on ones bucket list though. Personally lately I have been more obsessed with gaming, but am trying to still to commit to about 20 pages a day when it comes to reading literature ( non manga since I read tons of that). Been focused more on Irish literature lately though since I have June trip to Dublin and want to get through all of the James Joyce books.

Are you ready for college football 25?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,920
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Alright I no longer feel bad about this guy being in hospice.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I don't think he will live to see that day, but he will probably live to see the b12 collapse when any team gets an invite to SEC, B1G, or Acc. I just don't see the power brokers want to see another historical conference collapse. I think it is more likely the better teams merge under the ACC brand because it pays more the b12 brand. The Big 12 doesn't have any tradition or history. It was formed by the leftovers from the SWAC and Big 8. All the programs that have value and institutional worth left their rivals that they feel are beneath them to fend for themselves . Arkansas, Tamu, Mizzou, Texas, and Okalahoma were smart to get ahead of the third attempt to rebrand the big8/12/swac.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Days Won:  1

I read that it takes 8 votes to dissolve the ACC. I’ve seen Swaim speculate to: FSU, Clemson, UVA, UNC, NC ST, Miami, ND, Pitt, Syracuse, and UL all wanting out of the ACC. Based on his reporting they have the numbers to disband, so they should do that and avoid all this legal mumbo-jumbo regarding the grant of rights.

Unless they don’t actually have the votes and Swaim is making it up as he goes. 

15 minutes ago, aroth said:

I read that it takes 8 votes to dissolve the ACC. I’ve seen Swaim speculate to: FSU, Clemson, UVA, UNC, NC ST, Miami, ND, Pitt, Syracuse, and UL all wanting out of the ACC. Based on his reporting they have the numbers to disband, so they should do that and avoid all this legal mumbo-jumbo regarding the grant of rights.

If they had the numbers why would fsu and Clemson be crying to the media for months? The lawyers and leaders of the universities would have had a vote and go trying to find a new home. If the acc had the numbers why did they sign the new cfb contract with one million  more per year going to acc teams over b12 teams?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, aroth said:

I have no inside info on this, but I highly doubt UL, Pitt and Syracuse would vote out, I don’t think they would have a home (I don’t even think NCST has a home, nobody even talk ls about them; other than trying to follow UNC). In addition, since ND is part time, do they count as a full vote? Like I said, I don’t know, just my worthless 2 cents, haha. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1