• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I find it to he the same as people that demand their student debt be erased. You were given a contract and signed it. You knew the terms and signed it. If their ad and legal teams were not smart enough to read it the buy out then that is on then. You can't sign a contract and expect everyone to cater to you because you don't like it years down  the road. I'm just waiting for the happy power teams to start using the language the gor contracts is predatory and unfair.

For real! 

But I can understand those students... they were probably 17/18 when they made these financial decisions (without legal representation or guidance).

However, a whole university!? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,119
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Bear said:

But I can understand those students... they were probably 17/18 when they made these financial decisions (without legal representation or guidance).

Yea, they are not making the best decisions at that age and don't understand ROI or interest rates.  It is a total scam.  I have kids in college and they are oblivious - which is what their old man is for.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder why the big 12 just doesn’t take all the rumored acc replacement teams now. That way the acc doesn’t have any real good programs to replace their losses? That’s just thinking ahead. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,955
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, jmbull said:

I wonder why the big 12 just doesn’t take all the rumored acc replacement teams now. That way the acc doesn’t have any real good programs to replace their losses? That’s just thinking ahead. 

They've used their pro rata adds.  But would magically create room for FSU and others I'm sure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bear said:

For real! 

However, a whole university!? 

If they are an adult and at college they should know how to read a contract.  Sadly we don't teach financial literacy as much as we should in k-12 school. I know the current governor of Florida  added it as a mandotry class in high school.If they are 17, then I am not sure if they can even sign for  student loan. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,119
  • Days Won:  6

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If they are an adult and at college they should know how to read a contract.  Sadly we don't teach financial literacy as much as we should in k-12 school. I know yh3 current governor of Florida  added it as a mandotry class in high school.If they are 17, then I am not sure if they can even sign for  student loan. 

18 is really young. Their judgment is not where it needs to be to make certain decisions. I don't know if you recall the dumb things you did at 18, but I do.

And it's really not a question of education or a class on financial literacy. It's a judgment call, they lack the wisdom.

Add to that, there are a lot of scammers and universities that will take your money and give you a useless degree.  It's a feeding frenzy.

When I was in the army there were all these rent to own places and used car lots that would lock these unprepared 18-year-olds into upside down loans on cars and furniture. The interest rates could be as high as 25% 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, MMW said:

18 is really young. Their judgment is not where it needs to be to make certain decisions. I don't know if you recall the dumb things you did at 18, but I do.

And it's really not a question of education or a class on financial literacy. It's a judgment call, they lack the wisdom.

Add to that, there are a lot of scammers and universities that will take your money and give you a useless degree.  It's a feeding frenzy.

When I was in the army there were all these rent to own places and used car lots that would lock these unprepared 18-year-olds into upside down loans on cars and furniture. The interest rates could be as high as 25% 

I remember stupid stuff I did at 18 but was smart enough to work during college and not take out a loan for the remaining tuition that my scholarship didn't cover. Ironically most of my friends that took loans out, partied, and spent their loan money on stuff that wasn't school related such as food,rent,and living expenses. I told them then and just have no sympathy  for them now.  What makes a college students debt dissappear more fair than someone who has a car loan, house loam, business loan, or personal loan that they struggle to pay off? Is the government going to erase debt for all at an equal amount or just cater to young people to buy votes with student debt erasing?I have no problem with them erasing the future interest,  if they are able to buy out the principal upfront. I always worked as a kid  in the summers at sports camp training young kids how to Skate for hockey, bagging groceries at the grocery stores,  and was fortunate  enough to have parents that explained credit  and loans to me. My grandpa and parents taught me if it isn't a home or business loan and if you can't afford to pay cash then  don't buy it on credit.  If you can't pay it off with cash use credit and pay it in full in full before interest kicks in. Just my two cents and everyone is welcome to their own opinions.  

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, MMW said:

I tend to agree with what you are saying. A student goes to school and takes out loans and sees it as an investment. When people are young they have big dreams. They enter school with a dream for a future career. When they exit school reality sets in regarding real world pay, job opportunities, high cost of living, insurance, and interest rates.

Personally i wouldn't gripe young people making these financial decisions regarding education.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jmbull said:

Are you Swaim?

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 3

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, MMW said:

Yea, they are not making the best decisions at that age and don't understand ROI or interest rates.  It is a total scam.  I have kids in college and they are oblivious - which is what their old man is for.  

Totally understand!