• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,557
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, MMW said:

What a horrible thing to say.  

Agreed. The man was full of hot takes, but 61 years old seems terribly young to be in hospice? What illness does he have?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,119
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Agreed. The man was full of hot takes, but 61 years old seems terribly young to be in hospice? What illness does he have?

I assume it is cancer but the illness has not been released.  If you are hospice that usually means you have less than 6 months to live.  

It is easy to get pissed at people but this is all just football.

Greg-Swaim.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Falls in line with the predictions for FSU/Clemson heading to the SEC. SEC is usually pretty stealth when it comes to realignment as we really didn’t find out Texas & OU were heading to SEC until the summer. It just became reality when the news hit about 3 summers ago. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

Falls in line with the predictions for FSU/Clemson heading to the SEC. SEC is usually pretty stealth when it comes to realignment as we really didn’t find out Texas & OU were heading to SEC until the summer. It just became reality when the news hit about 3 summers ago. 

And to add, both FSU & Clemson would not be going through all this legal trouble without knowing their landing spot. So I would be shocked if they both don’t end up in the SEC soon.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

THEATHLETIC.COM

A group of influential sports leaders and college presidents are pitching a drastic change to the current CFB model as the best way forward.

Just listened to the author on the Dan Patrick show.  He believes something like this will go into effect in the next 5-7 years.  Really interesting read, allows for a promotion and relegation

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

5 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It wasn't a serious comment (obviously).  

3 hours ago, MMW said:

It is easy to get pissed at people but this is all just football.

See above.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,955
  • Days Won:  2

ACCFOOTBALLRX.BLOGSPOT.COM

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix it and get back to the glory days again.

Back in the East...

Meanwhile, are they no ACC-worthy teams left in the East? I think USF gets the nod if the ACC loses both FSU and Miami - and may even get in if they just lose FSU.

Tulane is an interesting possibility. The Green Wave were once in the SEC (along with Georgia Tech), but chose to leave. They've since deemphasized and reemphasized sports - but can the ACC trust them to keep trying?

I love what they do at Memphis, but realistically, they have a better shot at getting into the Big XII.

UConn remains an excellent basketball-only prospect, but adding the Huskies for football may be too much to ask.

Army and Navy are not out of the question. Temple is a possibility, too. I wonder if an ACC without Clemson would ever consider adding Coastal Carolina?

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,955
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I'm a fan of a FL University that is AAU. 

What GIF by Eric Bellinger

In the article:

Big 12 could be destination for FSU and Clemson if Big Ten doesn't take them

CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd pegged the Big 12 as a possible landing spot for FSU and Clemson should the AAU accreditation issue rear its ugly head come realignment time and keep the two ACC flight risks out of the B1G.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I'm a fan of a FL University that is AAU. 

What GIF by Eric Bellinger

In the article:

Big 12 could be destination for FSU and Clemson if Big Ten doesn't take them

CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd pegged the Big 12 as a possible landing spot for FSU and Clemson should the AAU accreditation issue rear its ugly head come realignment time and keep the two ACC flight risks out of the B1G.

Why would they take less money after whining publicly for months?

• Like 1