• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Having lived in San Antonio for a few years I am familiar with this school.  They are very much like us, only difference is the University was founded 13 years after us, therefore they started a Football program about 13 years after us, they are a city commuter school like us, they play in a stadium near downtown about 10-12 miles south of campus like us.  Their attendance is paltry like us, their academics are not as good as us but they would beat the balls off of us in football over the past couple years and yes Larry Coker coached them out of the gate.  This really is a good venue, the Alamodome  is very nice, attended final fours there, lot of nice hotels in walking distance and the well known River Street, and who the hell can forget about the Alamo.  Like Bydzr said, a really fun road trip.

Well, at least they're not a threat to jump over us to a P5 if we bring them on board ...

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

WEST

SMU

Tulsa

Memphis

Tulane

North Texas

USTA

Rice

EAST

USF

East Carolina

Temple

FAU

UAB

Charlotte

Navy

I'd rather go North and South for better away game trips year in and year out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

USF not even on the radar…

Q: Your headquarters are here in North Texas, and SMU is right here in Dallas. Is SMU ringing your phone, wanting in on the Big 12 party?

A: That’s a good question. I’ve had a lot of conversations with President [Gerald] Turner and with [athletic director] Rick Hart. I’ve known them both for a long time. I have great respect for them. But we went after the best athletes we could find, and it was the four we got. They were the ones that bring the highest top-end and the most value. But I have great respect for SMU.

Other schools I respect that we heard from include Memphis—they were very interested. Boise State raised their hand. Some others in the West wanted in. And just because we didn’t take them now, that doesn’t mean we are no longer considering growth. It isn’t just about taking in new members just to have more pie. There’s going to have to be good strategic reasons for getting larger.

USATSI_16405156-1-scaled.jpg

What's next for the Big 12 Conference? The College Football...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,557
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I have never heard of UTSA.  That is all.

Fast bird, go meep meep

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,557
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF not even on the radar…

Q: Your headquarters are here in North Texas, and SMU is right here in Dallas. Is SMU ringing your phone, wanting in on the Big 12 party?

A: That’s a good question. I’ve had a lot of conversations with President [Gerald] Turner and with [athletic director] Rick Hart. I’ve known them both for a long time. I have great respect for them. But we went after the best athletes we could find, and it was the four we got. They were the ones that bring the highest top-end and the most value. But I have great respect for SMU.

Other schools I respect that we heard from include Memphis—they were very interested. Boise State raised their hand. Some others in the West wanted in. And just because we didn’t take them now, that doesn’t mean we are no longer considering growth. It isn’t just about taking in new members just to have more pie. There’s going to have to be good strategic reasons for getting larger.

USATSI_16405156-1-scaled.jpg

What's next for the Big 12 Conference? The College Football...

Big oof, for us. Better get comfortable in our new home 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Why did we not try and get Coastal Carolina and App State along with the 6 others? Watching their game now, and both look pretty good. Plus Boone is a cool little town 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  405
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Why did we not try and get Coastal Carolina and App State along with the 6 others? Watching their game now, and both look pretty good. Plus Boone is a cool little town 

The AAC seemed more committed to fertile recruiting areas and urban universities. App for sure is better on the field than most of the additions. Coastal is good right now but they're still so new it's tough to know if they can sustain this or not. One bad hire or a QB downgrade and now you're stuck playing a bad team in Conway, SC in front of 10k.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181

28 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The AAC seemed more committed to fertile recruiting areas and urban universities. App for sure is better on the field than most of the additions. Coastal is good right now but they're still so new it's tough to know if they can sustain this or not. One bad hire or a QB downgrade and now you're stuck playing a bad team in Conway, SC in front of 10k.

10k sounds about our attendance right now. I get we need markets for tv $$$, but adding App State, and Coastal would have added more excitement to this expansion. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,995

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

10k sounds about our attendance right now. I get we need markets for tv $$$, but adding App State, and Coastal would have added more excitement to this expansion. 

I don't understand why we couldn't have added them ALSO. 

I get the markets and recruiting and Yada Yada but these (CUSA) teams blow at football overall. We are worse with them per SP+ overall. That's an objective fact. 

So I don't understand why we wouldn't diversify a bit and throw some show horses in with the work horses. Or vice versa, whatever analogy who cares it's late and I'm old. 

Edited by hm101
To make sense
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't understand why we couldn't have added them ALSO. 

I get the markets and recruiting and Yada Yada but these (CUSA) teams blow at football overall. We are worse with them per SP+ overall. That's an objective fact. 

So I don't understand why we wouldn't diversify a bit and throw some show horses in with the work horses. Or vice versa, whatever analogy who cares it's late and I'm old. 

It’s simple, espn wanted property they did not own (cusa teams).