• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Thought someone said BYU was going to join AAC? 

Will never happen 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I used to think this as well. Then I saw how BYU was doing.

BYU has little to play for. As soon as they lose one game the best they can do is a crappy bowl...even worse than Birmingham. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

58 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

BYU has little to play for. As soon as they lose one game the best they can do is a crappy bowl...even worse than Birmingham. 

It would be worse for us if we went independent. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It would be worse for us if we went independent. 

Considering that we would be booted out of the AAC for all other sports that would be absolutely true. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

utah went undefeated in 2008.  Won the MWC title and won their bowl game.  They were the only undefeated team, but since they were from a “non bcs” conference (equivalent to today’s G5), they were not recognized as national champions.   They made lots of noise in the press, and even their senator joined in.  Within a couple of years they were in the PAC 12.   So from that standpoint, I totally get why Orlando is doing what it is doing.

Any brick or bomb thrown at the corrupt system is fine with me. Noise needs to be made.

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:
3 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

utah went undefeated in 2008.  Won the MWC title and won their bowl game.  They were the only undefeated team, but since they were from a “non bcs” conference (equivalent to today’s G5), they were not recognized as national champions.   They made lots of noise in the press, and even their senator joined in.  Within a couple of years they were in the PAC 12.   So from that standpoint, I totally get why Orlando is doing what it is doing.

Any brick or bomb thrown at the corrupt system is fine with me. Noise needs to be made.

Noise is okay, so long as they don't similarly reward the kaniggits with a promotion. I'd hurl for sure.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Boom. MLK gets it. He'd be all for us demanding excellence, too.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,353
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm not falling for anything. There may have been a point to make but they took it too far and made a mockery out of it ..... and I still find it disturbing that there are Bulls fans thinking this whole scenario was a good thing for USF. It wasn't.

I’m sorry, but we need to back our brothers play. If we have people pulling against the AAC succes then USF will never move forward. How can you sit there and say that UCF’s success does not help USF?? They are actually making us get better. It may not look like it now, but you will see the difference soon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m sorry, but we need to back our brothers play.

I would back my brothers play, but  UCF doesn't fit that description. I don't care what conference we belong to. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm not falling for anything. There may have been a point to make but they took it too far and made a mockery out of it ..... and I still find it disturbing that there are Bulls fans thinking this whole scenario was a good thing for USF. It wasn't.

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m sorry, but we need to back our brothers play. If we have people pulling against the AAC succes then USF will never move forward. How can you sit there and say that UCF’s success does not help USF?? They are actually making us get better. It may not look like it now, but you will see the difference soon. 

Anything that gives the Kanigits a higher profile than us does not help USF. USF's success hinges on USF and forces beyond our control ... and please don't trot out that urban legend about us being a package deal come next realignment.  Also, don't have a clue how them doing this makes us get better .... that's make no sense. Have we not been really really trying before now to be as good as we can be??

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1