• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I stopped donations to the USF College of Arts & Sciences several years ago when I took time to reflect on what they taught me and are currently teaching. I felt convicted that I could no longer support the way they lead the young adults of Florida into darkness and away from truth.

I sincerely think that was a good decision if it conflicted with your belief system.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Raetus said:

LDS says that children of same-sex marriages (regardless of the child's own sexuality) aren't eligible to practice in their faith until they're 18.

LDS launched an impressive door-to-door campaign against Prop 8 in California.

LDS stated those in same-sex relationships are apostates from the church.

It goes on and on. They're not recognized as 1st-class citizens or people.

Let's not pretend like only homosexual acts will lead you into conflict with Church teaching, their are many other sinful behaviors that are not endorsed 

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

Trying to stay on football here but BYU does not need to change. Its a free market economy and companies can choose to do business or not. When kids go to BYU they understand the rules just like at Liberty University there is an honor code.  If you dont like then you dont have to go.

Then stay out of a conference where your beliefs and discrimination does not fit. End of story. That simple, I have no problem with them practicing their religion. But lets not act like they're all angels.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You guys know who Michael Jackson's favorite college was?

Bring 'em Young

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Even though you haven't weighed in on the BYU discussion yet, I'd have to assume that Giorgio would approve of BYU since they believe that Jesus was an alien ...

And this is how I know Trip just believes in getting to 1000, no matter the cost. In the old days, this religious stuff would have already been moved with no rationale provided. :lol:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Raetus said:

I'll bite.

I'm not campaigning against BYU's right to exist. Much like the KKK, I think they have the right to exist. I'm saying that I don't think any organization that has those beliefs is someone that USF should actively seek to entangle themselves with.

The KKK is an absurdly weak organization in comparison to LDS that wields almost zero power outside of cleaning highways and rural trailer parks. So, if the KKK had a football team, would you be fine with USF joining a conference along with them? They're basically just white nationalists and anti-semites in most incarnations. They rarely lynch or crucify minorities anymore outside of cornfields in Indiana (my home state).

Serious question: Are you okay with being in a conference with the Fighting Ghosts?

No one would be ok with being in a conference with the KKK.  I'll just leave it at that.  No, actually, I'll add this to accentuate how I feel about your comparison and "serious" question:

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Let's not pretend like only homosexual acts will lead you into conflict with Church teaching, their are many other sinful behaviors that are not endorsed 

I genuinely don't even know where to begin with this. As the grandson of a Baptist pastor, I feel for you. Best of luck to you, dude.

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NAM37 said:

Cuban Breezes in Oldsmar has a very good medianoche also.

Aguila Sandwich Shop has a tasty medianoche

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

No one would be ok with being in a conference with the KKK.  I'll just leave it at that.  No, actually, I'll add this to accentuate how I feel about your comparison and "serious" question:

I genuinely believe the KKK hurts less people, per year in 2016, then the LDS.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I think that sort of locks onto the idea of what sin is. The Church (all of its denominations) generally doesn't make it a habit to endorse sin.

• Upvote 1