• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, TallyBull said:

Just to be clear (I express no opinion either way), you would want us to turn down an invitation to the Big XII if BYU were also invited?  Yes or no?

If BYU accepts an invitation and intends to stand by their stances on homosexuals, then yes, I would want USF to decline that invitation. An acceptance says that the school is putting sports profits before many more important aspects of the university's mission. If BYU has an acceptable revision to their stance, then I have no problem with them. America and the world in general have marginalized groups time and time again... if I held some type of weird vendetta against everyone who once believed something bigoted, then I would have to hate my 72 year old father-in-law, which I don't (in fact, I love him quite a lot).

With how fickle a conference affiliation has proved to USF over the past two decades, it would be extremely short-sighted to turn a blind-eye to what that says about our university in favor of short-term profits. It really comes down to whether or not sports/profits or the moral-fiber of your university is more important. Even with the new additions, are we saying the Big 12 will for sure be around in 10 years? What happens if Texas leaves? Oklahoma? Who knows what the landscape will look like.

tldr: I'd be all for the Big 12 invite, but not at the cost of potentially harming the university as a public, inclusive, academic institute.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

I'm eating boars head ultimate publix sub as I type this. Today's sale $5.99. Toasted, so good. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Raetus said:

If BYU accepts an invitation and intends to stand by their stances on homosexuals, then yes, I would want USF to decline that invitation ...  If BYU has an acceptable revision to their stance

Ok, I'll play along ...

What do you think their "stance on homosexuals" is, and what would an acceptable revision to said stance look like to you?  

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Not sure I recall such distaste for being "involved" with BYU when we signed the home-and-home with them for 2021-22. 

If you're talking about my personal distaste, I apologize, I didn't realize my opinions on all things USF were important. If you're willing to put together a questionnaire, I'm more than willing to answer it.

If BYU is standing by their current opinions on the matter, then I'm not interested in playing them. Other than some great success in the 80s and 90s, BYU isn't terribly interesting to me. Good football team year-in-and-year out, but people desire them for their international fan base.

They're like Notre Dame jr when it comes to fans. They will 100% add value to your television package if you add them.

Edited by Raetus

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly I dont think BYUs LGBT stance is going to have any effect on their inclusion. BYUs biggest problem i going to be Saturday night game and having to be back before Sunday. Not going to work as well as having them as football only.

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Ok, I'll play along ...

What do you think their "stance on homosexuals" is, and what would an acceptable revision to said stance look like to you?  

Why am I responsible for revising this, again?

I came up with this, though, while trying to assembly a piece of Ikea furniture: "Gay people are humans and should have the same right as all other humans."

As for their stance on homosexuals, it's very vocal. You can read about it on suspect newsrags like "The Washington Post" or "The New York Times".

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Honestly I dont think BYUs LGBT stance is going to have any effect on their inclusion. BYUs biggest problem i going to be Saturday night game and having to be back before Sunday. Not going to work as well as having them as football only.

I mostly agree with this, but the Big 12 network is operated by ESPN, which is owned by Disney. And Disney might be one of the most LGBT-friendly companies of its size in the United States.

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I'm not sure your correct on this. Already this is having an impact on them being considered. It's not just the LGBT stance btw but I'm not here to discuss religion. All I have to say is BYU has some explaining to do and some changes to make.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

26 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Publix sucks, idk why you'd send the big 12 guys anything that would make them hate Florida anymore than they already do. The ONLY thing Publix has going for it, is its fried chicken

20 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

NewEnglandBull, is that you?  

I totally understand that those who don't have access to Publix despise it.  

Navy is a disgruntled ex-associate if my memory serves me correctly ....