• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

But you clearly didn't understand and share his experiences and emotions - you made it clear that you disagree with his statement.  And generally sympathy is associated more with pity than empathy.  So no, I don't believe that you used the correct term.

How do you know that I don't understand and share his experiences and emotions? I've already told you that I was quite involved in a religious upbringing? Do you have some type of insight into my personal religious beliefs?

... wait... you're not a mind reader, right?

Deuteronomy expressly forbids witchcraft.

Edited by Raetus

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Raetus said:

How do you know that I don't understand and share his experiences and emotions? 

32 minutes ago, Raetus said:

I genuinely don't even know where to begin with this. As the grandson of a Baptist pastor, I feel for you. Best of luck to you, dude.

I would think if you REALLY understood and shared his experiences and emotions, you wouldn't have typed the first sentence.

Empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another.  Based on your first sentence, doing so was an impossibility for you.  Therefore, empathy could not have been what you meant.

No witchcraft needed to figure that out.  Just a solid understanding of the difference between sympathy and empathy.  

Don't worry guys.  Raetus and I got this.  We're making 1000 pages happen all on our own.

• Upvote 3

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I would think if you REALLY understood and shared his experiences and emotions, you wouldn't have typed the first sentence.

Empathy is 100% what I meant. The first sentence comes from the lack of conveying several decades of experience in the form of a message board. Not with a lacking of understanding when it comes to his feelings. You assume quite a bit.

You seem to have some idea about my religious beliefs... what do you think they are?

Personally, I'm assuming based on your argument and location that you're most likely a member of a non-denomination or protestant offshoot of Christianity, but I know I could be very, very wrong about that.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Raetus said:

protestant offshoot of Christianity

odd choice of words....

• Upvote 1

Just now, NAM37 said:

odd choice of words....

Christianity is by no means one religion anymore.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just because once in a while here, we need to prove the thread still has something to do with realignment...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-states-big-12-pitch-obama-co-signs-for-bsu-plan-to-expand-stadium/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, raptorcj said:

Just because once in a while here, we need to prove the thread still has something to do with realignment...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-states-big-12-pitch-obama-co-signs-for-bsu-plan-to-expand-stadium/

Based solely on merit, BSU has to have one of the stronger arguments for inclusion over the past couple decades. Right?

1 minute ago, Raetus said:

Empathy is 100% what I meant. The first sentence comes from the lack of conveying several decades of experience in the form of a message board. Not with a lacking of understanding when it comes to his feelings. You assume quite a bit.

You seem to have some idea about my religious beliefs... what do you think they are?

Personally, I'm assuming based on your argument and location that you're most likely a member of a non-denomination or protestant offshoot of Christianity, but I know I could be very, very wrong about that.

I believe 100% that you meant to type empathy.  However, your working definition of empathy is 100% incorrect and your reply to LOB regarding other sins was clearly full of pity and sympathy.  

All I know is based on what you post, and at worst, you've completely rejected the faith and at best, you're a cafeteria-style Christian - you pick and choose what's right and what's wrong for yourself.  

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

OR this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/big-12-expansion-decision-byu-cincinnati-houston-college-football-basketball/1jpiohfnrnnpq1ael40oxwyleb

Big 12 expansion decision starts with BYU, Cincinnati and Houston

Who gets left out? Houston, BYU or Cincinnati?

That’s the big question that will answer every other question when it comes to Big 12 expansion talk, which has evolved into 18 schools groveling for the conference’s attention.

Of all those schools, three — BYU, Houston and Cincinnati — best fit the profile of a Big 12 and Power 5 golden ticket winner.

That’s the good news for those schools. The bad news is if the Big 12 opts to add two teams, then one of those deserving schools is going to be left without a chair.