• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Raetus said:

As for their stance on homosexuals, it's very vocal. You can read about it on suspect newsrags like "The Washington Post" or "The New York Times".

From what I've read, their stance seems to be "don't have sex" hetero or homo. Sure they don't seem to be supportive of the homosexual "cause" in a "Wow! you're gay.. that's awesome.. here have some pie!" sorta way (which seems to be required now-a-days), but they've said publicly what they want is absence for all student regardless of sexual orientation. 

Guest PCBull14
Just now, NAM37 said:

From what I've read, their stance seems to be "don't have sex" hetero or homo. Sure they don't seem to be supportive of the homosexual "cause" in a "Wow! you're gay.. that's awesome.. here have some pie!" sorta way (which seems to be required now-a-days), but they've said publicly what they want is absence for all student regardless of sexual orientation. 

People say a lot of lies in public statements.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Failure to endorse and a firm the homosexual practice, doesn't mean that an organization hates homosexuals. A homosexual could attend BYU, they just could not act upon their sexual lusts. The same rules apply there for unmarried heterosexuals who cannot act on their lusts either. I don't see what this has to do with athletics at BYU's athletic program, which has historically been a very competitive and popular program. the issue for the homosexual lobby is to exclude any group from society that does not fully celebrate their life style choices. The homosexual lobby and the University's of the Big 12 misrepresent themselves when they say they are places of tolerance and inclusion, when they're is no tolerance for anyone outside of the Secular Orthodoxy.

First homosexuality is not a choice.  I do not recall deciding to be straight.  

As for them sticking up for their orientation, I have no problem with that.  Allowing groups to organize and make their case to society as a whole is what makes this a great country.

The fact is, they have been very successful at it over the past several years and they currently have some political sway.  I find the whole thing rather interesting.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

19 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I'm eating boars head ultimate publix sub as I type this. Today's sale $5.99. Toasted, so good. 

Got a pound of black forest ham from Publix yesterday. Yum 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Raetus said:

Why am I responsible for revising this, again?

I came up with this, though, while trying to assembly a piece of Ikea furniture: "Gay people are humans and should have the same right as all other humans."

As for their stance on homosexuals, it's very vocal. You can read about it on suspect newsrags like "The Washington Post" or "The New York Times".

I believe gay people are humans and now that they can legally marry, they do have the same rights as all other humans.  That's fine.  We're not a theocracy in this country.  People should be able to do what they want.  However, if they want to go to BYU, they must adhere to the honor code in place.  Otherwise, they are free to attend a different university without those restrictions.

All the LDS Church believes is that homosexuality is a sin.  They're not slapping cuffs on people and dragging them to jails for having gay sex. 

Tolerance appears to be a one-way street for you and many others.  You are mad because BYU isn't tolerant enough in your opinion, so you are intolerant of their opinions and stances because they're different from yours so you want nothing to do with them and you want them excluded from something you place high value on.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, NAM37 said:

LDS says that children of same-sex marriages (regardless of the child's own sexuality) aren't eligible to practice in their faith until they're 18.

LDS launched an impressive door-to-door campaign against Prop 8 in California.

LDS stated those in same-sex relationships are apostates from the church.

It goes on and on. They're not recognized as 1st-class citizens or people.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

34 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Publix sucks, idk why you'd send the big 12 guys anything that would make them hate Florida anymore than they already do. The ONLY thing Publix has going for it, is its fried chicken

15 minutes ago, Dogma said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/1b/a5/b21ba5e9776e59c9a954f718d81f0fbc.jpg

Even though you haven't weighed in on the BYU discussion yet, I'd have to assume that Giorgio would approve of BYU since they believe that Jesus was an alien ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

I'm not sure your correct on this. Already this is having an impact on them being considered. It's not just the LGBT stance btw but I'm not here to discuss religion. All I have to say is BYU has some explaining to do and some changes to make.

Trying to stay on football here but BYU does not need to change. Its a free market economy and companies can choose to do business or not. When kids go to BYU they understand the rules just like at Liberty University there is an honor code.  If you dont like then you dont have to go.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I stopped donations to the USF College of Arts & Sciences several years ago when I took time to reflect on what they taught me and are currently teaching. I felt convicted that I could no longer support the way they lead the young adults of Florida into darkness and away from truth.

I've continued to follow USF athletics for my own amusement, but my own amusement should not come at the expense of student athletes who are being lead away from Truth and Wisdom by the University. I've been blessed to have some time off for reflection this August.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I believe gay people are humans and now that they can legally marry, they do have the same rights as all other humans.  That's fine.  We're not a theocracy in this country.  People should be able to do what they want.  However, if they want to go to BYU, they must adhere to the honor code in place.  Otherwise, they are free to attend a different university without those restrictions.

All the LDS Church believes is that homosexuality is a sin.  They're not slapping cuffs on people and dragging them to jails for having gay sex. 

Tolerance appears to be a one-way street for you and many others.  You are mad because BYU isn't tolerant enough in your opinion, so you are intolerant of their opinions and stances because they're different from yours so you want nothing to do with them and you want them excluded from something you place high value on.  

I'll bite.

I'm not campaigning against BYU's right to exist. Much like the KKK, I think they have the right to exist. I'm saying that I don't think any organization that has those beliefs is someone that USF should actively seek to entangle themselves with.

The KKK is an absurdly weak organization in comparison to LDS that wields almost zero power outside of cleaning highways and rural trailer parks. So, if the KKK had a football team, would you be fine with USF joining a conference along with them? They're basically just white nationalists and anti-semites in most incarnations. They rarely lynch or crucify minorities anymore outside of cornfields in Indiana (my home state).

Serious question: Are you okay with being in a conference with the Fighting Ghosts?