• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

To be fair, this alliance would be between the two members who didn't break the previous alliance 😬

Also true. This conference realignment **** is enthralling and terrible at the same time.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Everyone is as loyal as their options

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

21 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Thanks... I'm looking for a more official source for my $300 number... but here's one that talks about it being more than $100

I'm not precisely sure how the GoR operates and what the penalty would be for violation, but I believe the ACC's media rights deal works out to $17 million per school, per year. Assuming they would be giving up all of their rights to the TV money, it would total $238 million at the present. Even if it was half of that amount, we are still talking about $120 million. If you were an ACC team, would you offer up $8 million per year over the next 14 years for the chance at that SEC $$$? If the SEC is set to distribute $70 to $80 million to each member and the ACC was only able to give $40 million per member, it would seem to make sense to make the jump if ESPN wanted you to do so. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

As I told you, my half century of experience indicates they should have strangled USF athletics in the cradle.  It seems an OCS now would be more in the nature of a highly leveraged mausoleum.  Glad it's not on my dime.

I'm definitely on wait and see mode. Won't decide until January at the earliest.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm not precisely sure how the GoR operates and what the penalty would be for violation, but I believe the ACC's media rights deal works out to $17 million per school, per year. Assuming they would be giving up all of their rights to the TV money, it would total $238 million at the present. Even if it was half of that amount, we are still talking about $120 million. If you were an ACC team, would you offer up $8 million per year over the next 14 years for the chance at that SEC $$$? If the SEC is set to distribute $70 to $80 million to each member and the ACC was only able to give $40 million per member, it would seem to make sense to make the jump if ESPN wanted you to do so. 

If you were Wake Forest, though, would you agree to $8 million per year?  The Grant of Rights basically means all (home) games would be part of the ACC's contract with ESPN.  ESPN might be glad to let UNC go to the Big Ten, but only if it gets to broadcast the Ohio State @ UNC game.

The ACC has to agree to such a payment schedule... and while we can see how it makes sense... we have to think it's about ESPN maintaining some level of dominance in a market with so many more competitors than ten years ago.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

This would be the worst case scenario for USF in 2022:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Frankly, I cannot believe that people that routinely sign multi-million dollar contracts would be dumb enough to sign a GOR at any point.  Maybe if you are a Big 10 school it makes sense.  But why would you lock yourselves into the ACC or Big 12?  Stupid, really.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

This would be the worst case scenario for USF in 2022:

assuming that source is credible. PAC12 with Oregon and Washington > Big12 as is, so not sure why teams would leave to Big 12. This almost just seems like nothing happens after the USC/UCLA moves

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

assuming that source is credible. PAC12 with Oregon and Washington > Big12 as is, so not sure why teams would leave to Big 12. This almost just seems like nothing happens after the USC/UCLA moves

theDudeofWV is just as in the know as MHVer, which is to say not at all. Another WV clown throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Students show up to mid major football games every year. Why did SDSU, Colorado State, UAB all build news stadiums? Why is there still the MAC, Sun Belt, WAC, etc. still around, come on man, the P5 schools are not the only teams people watch. 

It's scary that even a small portion of our fanbase doesn't get this. I shall not opine here as to where this dangerous outlook spawned from ....

• Upvote 2