• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poor coaching cost us that game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My biggest complaint was not running the football more often. Yes, the play calling on fourth down sucked, however our back was churning out yards every time he got the ball. Feed him the ball when he’s producing.

Smazza and I were texting during the game and he was commenting how far off our DB’s were playing. They literally abused us on eight and nine yard routes yesterday. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was at the game…one of the last to leave the stadium saying “what the **** just happened?” 

I'm giving you the U for being there and being a fan/supporter. Wish you could have seen a Win for your effort. I have been a Rah Rah type for CJS and Team and Hopeful that this mess might turn itself around but......Tired of the losing by USF football. Tired of seeing the same mistakes repeated. I think 90% of the players put it out there yesterday but....It appears we have gone from a coach on the skids to nurture our losses to a coach in training. If it doesn't get on track very soon this mess will only decline further. I don't like feeling this way.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I can’t disagree with you.  Just mad. We can’t catch a break and it’s just getting hard to deal with.  Not sure how to keep the players positive after that show.

I understand. I'm at the same place as you

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

46 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

My biggest complaint was not running the football more often. Yes, the play calling on fourth down sucked, however our back was churning out yards every time he got the ball. Feed him the ball when he’s producing.

Smazza and I were texting during the game and he was commenting how far off our DB’s were playing. They literally abused us on eight and nine yard routes yesterday. 

Hasn't that happened most games? Frustrating. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

18 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

All 3 timeouts in the second half were taken after having a good 60 seconds prior to taking each one and they all did not make one bit of a difference with the outcome (if my sunburned memory is correct).

FWIW. one was taken before the two point conversion that we stopped to keep it a one point game ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

I'm giving you the U for being there and being a fan/supporter. Wish you could have seen a Win for your effort. I have been a Rah Rah type for CJS and Team and Hopeful that this mess might turn itself around but......Tired of the losing by USF football. Tired of seeing the same mistakes repeated. I think 90% of the players put it out there yesterday but....It appears we have gone from a coach on the skids to nurture our losses to a coach in training. If it doesn't get on track very soon this mess will only decline further. I don't like feeling this way.  

I am in the same place as you brother. It is so disappointing to be at this point. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Why burn a timeout and 4th and short of you are going to run the exact same play ? Why not go hurry up and not let the defense get set if you plan on running the same play? I think they call qb sneak and have the hb push him forward . The defense did their job until the end , but the offense was flat the 2nd half. We got move the balls. Timmy had a bad day passing and we were running decent.  Why not run more and throw less or do more pa screens or slants  . I feel the players gave their best but the coaches failed them. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sure this was mentioned but something tells me CJS will not be faking any field goals moving forward. That 3 points proved very valuable (granted the kick was made).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Why burn a timeout and 4th and short of you are going to run the exact same play ? Why not go hurry up and not let the defense get set if you plan on running the same play? I think they call qb sneak and have the hb push him forward . The defense did their job until the end , but the offense was flat the 2nd half. We got move the balls. Timmy had a bad day passing and we were running decent.  Why not run more and throw less or do more pa screens or slants  . I feel the players gave their best but the coaches failed them. 

He's indecisive.   I've said that before so he calls timeout, they go back and forth and decide to do the same thing again and hope it works.  Unfortunately it didn't. 

The defense sucked.  They did get a pick six, but they were pushed around all day long.   

12 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I'm sure this was mentioned but something tells me CJS will not be faking any field goals moving forward. That 3 points proved very valuable (granted the kick was made).

Play was good just too long (4th and 12) and that slow kicker got run down

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Play was good just too long (4th and 12) and that slow kicker got run down

Right.  Exactly why he should have taken the points.  Easy to say in hindsight but I've never been a fake field goal/punter fan. Hell just put your offensive "talent" back out if you want to go for it.